Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2005, 08:18 AM

where do i stand??

Hi all,
just wondered if any of you may know where i stand on an issue i have... i left my job on friday due to problems at work, after being there 2 years, basically boss was an awful bully and i wasnt the only one to go. So i got paid on saturday, being the end of the month, i got my full wage, but knew they would have to take a weeks worth of holiday pay from me, which i had previously taken, went to bank yesterday and they have taken the whole lot out and left me with nothing.. i had no warning of this, and the majority of the money i have earned, bar the weeks holiday pay. should they have told me or are they allowed to do this? have tried citizens advice but havent got an answer yesterday, will keep tryin but just wanted to see if any of you know about this sort of thing.
i dont know whether its a case of them just being spiteful, i was part of management, and heard that as i gave no notice they can take my money i earnt and reclaim all the bonuses ive ever earnt.... this doesnt sound right at all! im at my wits end...
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Hi it depends what was written in your contract of employment. I had a similar thing about 5 years ago were I had worked for a company for 3 years in an accounts position. One day I had had enough of certain things my boss was doing and so I quit. I was owed 1 and a half weeks work plus 2 weeks holiday pay. Neither were forthcoming and when I complained was told I had foregone the wages due to leaving without notice. CAB advised me to fight it because of the circumstances under which I quit but I never pursued it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I'd just carry on trying to get hold of Citizens Advice and make sure you've got your contract of employment in front of you when you speak to them. Good luck.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:20 AM
sounds like constructive dismissal. when you are effectively forced to quit...also not entirley sure about them taking money out of your account without your permission!!!! Go Get Em Girly!!!!!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
I'd just carry on trying to get hold of Citizens Advice and make sure you've got your contract of employment in front of you when you speak to them. Good luck.
i would say the same
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I would keep trying CAB,and see where you stand with the constructive dismissal bit aswell.Good luck hope it all works out.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Yep..sounds like it could be classed as constructive dismissal
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
i wouldnt have thought they could pay you and then take it back thats crazy, surely they cant take money from your account without permission, get on to CAB hun and get it sorted asap,, good luck x x x
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks For The Replys... What Exactly Is Constructive Dismissal?? I Do Have A Contract But Never Was Asked To Sign It. Cab Need To Start Answering Their Phone!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Have look here the site has lots of other advice as well

My advice is see a solicitor you can get half an hour free from solicitors who do legal aid work

Sign on as a jobseeker asap

If you had a union contact them as they should fight your case for you

Also contact the Industrial Tribunal yourself

Interestingly most cases are settled "out of court"in the employees favour especially if it looks as if the employer will get bad publicity !-this info comes from a friend who sits on the local IT panels !

Like someone else said Go get 'em The boss should not be allowed to get away with treating people like this
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >