Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 06:58 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 7th June

Good morning everyone. Hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Go to take my car for it's MOT this morning so had better not hang around. Get Amber out for her walk.

Harvey, pleased to hear Casey is doing well.
Chris, hope you and yours are feeling better this morning.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and most of all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Warm and breezy again here today. Gorden home this afternoon then a whole week at home. Probably he will have some work to do but at least he is around.
Waiting for a fedex delivery today Dillon's bones and sardines. So that means no moving from the front of the house till arrives and no walk today.
Never mind plenty of games and a good groom.

Good luck with the mot Moyra.
Harvey glad to read you are over whatever happened the other day. Also pleased Casey seems a bit better.
As for the house yes it does feel like a moving target. If prices fall it will be across the board so less for this less for whatever we want to purchase.
Seen a nice house come on today Ely well within the budget we are looking at not far from the centre and rail link.
Needs updating no problem downside is it's non standard construction steel and concrete. That's why it's cheap in Ely.
May well be snapped up though before we can consider looking properly.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 08:04 AM
Good morning all.

Just a quickie - Lynn, if you like the house in Ely and decide to go for it, get a structural engineer in who knows the construction as some of the concrete construction houses can have problems.

Off for our walk soon and to take Gary more tablets so must hustle.

Good luck with the MOT Moyra
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 08:54 AM
Thank you Chris done some research it really is hit and miss. You can have them sort of rebuilt but it can cost around 32 to 40 odd thousand. That wouldn't be an option for us now not even if you can get finance.
It would also be left to the boys and we want to leave something with as little problems as possible.
Will probably decide to not pursue even if still on the market when we are ready.
Had enough of problems with houses. Doer uppers to some degree is ok but will be hoping for an easier ride than we have had with this house.

Enjoy your walk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Isn't it funny what you think about whilst hoovering ?
All this selling house without access rights is going round in my head still, it dawned on me it's not just the fact people can park off road it's the oil delivery to and getting bins to the front then back again.

If access rights were taken away for off road parking clauses about oil deliveries and bins would have to be written in so making it complicated then people would have pedestrian rights instead of driving over rights. We can if we wish access the back of our property by walking but we choose to do that as little as possible and respect Paul and Beth own the drive.
Access rights are access rights though whatever mode of using you wish to choose. So if driving over was removed new neighbours might use it for pedestrian access which i know would annoy Paul and Beth more than the driving over parking and using our garden to access back of house.

I am glad I have mentioned nothing to Beth yet and now won't I think if we market all that is in place now will have to stay in place. They did approach Matt and Lizzie who we bought from to buy back the rights but they wouldn't sell.

Oh well have to think of ourselves I have this habit of trying to help others out a bit to much I think. Thank goodness for hoovering and helping me see sense.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Good afternoon all. Turned into quite a nice morning weather-wise. One of those in-between mornings where one minute you put the jacket on, the next take it off.

Lynn, if you think back, would you have bought the house without the access rights? I don't think many would so your re-think is good.

I've come to the point in life where I have finally realised that no matter what you do, you are no better thought of so you may as well do what suits you, rather than what suits other people
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone, well I was stuck at the garage for 2 and a half hours and then the thing failed on corrosion. Going into the garage again on Monday and it will cost £400 to get it all done! But where can you buy a car for that money that isn't a heap of junk and she certainly passed her mechanical etc with flying colours. So hopefully she will be ready either on Monday or Tuesday before I go into the hospital on Wednesday! Fingers crossed it will be all done and dusted by then.

Lynn, think you should sit tight and sell it as she stands with access rights.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2018, 01:43 PM
Yes you're right Chris.
Moyra sorry about the car but as you say you wouldn't buy another without possibly more problems for that money.

We will more than likely sell with access rights unless Paul and Beth can come up with the funds.
We certainly do not want to over complicate matters life is complicated enough already.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Afternoon all.

Not long back in from work pretty much straight in and out to get Gert out, also have brought a cheap childrens paddling pool to water my hanging baskets in to let them have a good soak......

Lynn let me ask you a simple question - if the house did not having parking/access would you have brought it? I would hazard that at least 85% of people have a car or vehicle of some sort in this day and age and to at least 75% of those I would say parking is a must.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Moyra sorry about the car but as you say btter the devil you know.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >