Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 05:20 PM

Anyone for Tennis?

The adventures of Bella at the new place. She sticks so close to me I've stopped 'closing off' the entrance to the garden which faces the tennis court. As you emerge from my end corner one you face the court but can't get in the door is at the far end in the middle of the wire enclosure.

She'd gone inside when I started vacuuming the patio. I then took it inside and she went out. She hates Henry. When I finished I looked for her, I called her, I whistled for her, I 'thiswaythisway'd' her. Nothing!

I was telling myself over and over 'she NEVER goes away' do not panic. Just have another look inside and then walk round to the front where the car is and then around the enclosed development. There's only one way out and it is on the other side of the building and it would be easy to see her anywhere if she actually exited the complex as it is a clear road - dead end at one end and meadow on the opposite side.

I looked under all patio furniture. I walked to the pool. I then started to think 'well she never goes off but what if someone picked her up?' I eventually asked the bloke next door but one if he'd seen a very small brown dog. His apartment looks the same as mine and I thought she might have gone inside to get away from the hoover! She is used to the freedom of several apartments here at the old place - I think she views them as 'rooms in a big house'.

Only when I started talking to him did I hear a single loud YAP! The little bint was standing about 6ft away from me INSIDE the Tennis court! She'd obviously wandered down the planted gravel strip to the end and, instead of coming back same way, headed back via the inside of it (gate was open) and then must have wondered why she could get no further!

I muttered a few things to her and set off down the other side of it where it borders the pool surrounds. I intended to get her and close the gate. But as soon as she saw which way I was going, she hared for the gate and around and was back with me before I'd covered 10 yards.

She made up for this by being an excellent car passenger yet again! Was even lying down washing her paws at one stage! And when I was getting everything ready to leave, she hopped in the car and stayed there even with me going back and forth!

I know where to look next time! Fortunately they are all sleigh beds in the new place and she can't get under any of them!