Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:30 AM

Two real animal lovers in two days

The Eastern Cyprus forum I belong to had a post from a lady who'd been feeding a stray cat that she then found on her BED having giving birth to kittens!

Bless this woman she wanted advice about whether it was safe to move them or not. In the end, her and her husband are sleeping in the spare room for 2 weeks and she said she even bought the cat a congratulations card!

That was Wednesday.

Yesterday I visited the Auction Rooms on the far East side of the island. Married couple run it - very nice. They made me a coffee and I could hear her talking to someone I couldn't see in the kitchen. I asked if she had an animal out there and she said yes, a dog. Can I see it?

The most ADORABLE hunting dog - just one year old and just been spayed she was trying to stop it licking its wound and keep it from getting too excited. She told me they rescued it and here's how.

She was at her evening exercise class one night when this puppy with a bleeding stump where one front paw should be limped in and made a beeline for her. She said it was an horrific sight and she could not just forget it so she took it home and got a vet. They operated to clean up the stump and now, if you saw this dog, you wouldn't believe it had a paw missing. Runs around, doesn't limp. In beautiful shiny condition - probably discarded by hunters when it got caught in a trap.

Her husband didn't want a dog and she said it was ages before he came round to it - almost 24 hours lol!

It goes to work with them every day and obviously not only adores them but everyone else who comes into the Auction Rooms too.

These two get my award for real animal lovers this week!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:34 AM
So heartwarming to hear such lovely stories instead of the cruelty we hear of all too often.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Yes Moet and especially heartening here in Cyprus where animal cruelty and poisoning and abandonment are daily occurrences. Needless to say both these hearts of gold were Brits.

Almost all the animal charities I've been involved here are run by and manned by Brits too. Ditto the best boarding kennels.

The Brits do most of the raising of money for Charities too.
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:37 AM
That's so sweet. I know I'd do the same but its good to know there is some really good people out there. not sure what my dogs would think of a cat giving birth to kittens on my bed though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Lovely stories Pat.
How lucky for the cat and the dog to find these people.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
The Eastern Cyprus forum I belong to had a post from a lady who'd been feeding a stray cat that she then found on her BED having giving birth to kittens!

Bless this woman she wanted advice about whether it was safe to move them or not. In the end, her and her husband are sleeping in the spare room for 2 weeks and she said she even bought the cat a congratulations card!

That was Wednesday.

Yesterday I visited the Auction Rooms on the far East side of the island. Married couple run it - very nice. They made me a coffee and I could hear her talking to someone I couldn't see in the kitchen. I asked if she had an animal out there and she said yes, a dog. Can I see it?

The most ADORABLE hunting dog - just one year old and just been spayed she was trying to stop it licking its wound and keep it from getting too excited. She told me they rescued it and here's how.

She was at her evening exercise class one night when this puppy with a bleeding stump where one front paw should be limped in and made a beeline for her. She said it was an horrific sight and she could not just forget it so she took it home and got a vet. They operated to clean up the stump and now, if you saw this dog, you wouldn't believe it had a paw missing. Runs around, doesn't limp. In beautiful shiny condition - probably discarded by hunters when it got caught in a trap.

Her husband didn't want a dog and she said it was ages before he came round to it - almost 24 hours lol!

It goes to work with them every day and obviously not only adores them but everyone else who comes into the Auction Rooms too.

These two get my award for real animal lovers this week!
Hi I would agree,especially in Cyprus,as there reputation for caring for Animals isnt very good,were they english or cypriot.crystalgirl
petitsfilous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh what lovely stories. I love that the couple with the kittens gave up their bedroom for them, bless.