Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 10:13 PM

Kindle...

Anyone else got one? My Dad got me on for Christmas and him and my Dad have given me money to get books
If you have one, do you like it? Do you use it a lot? I've just got a case for it and a night reading little clip on light and am excited! I have always been a reader growing up, but don't tend to have time nowadays...but now this will fit in my bag for work (it's the new Kindle 4) I'm hoping to get back into reading during my breaks and such.
Anyone got any pros and cons on this? I'm still getting used to it, but enjoying the possibilities!
Also, any good books you can recommend for it?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I think they are doing loads of books for 99p on Amazon at the moment. I got mine in the summer as I only really read when I go on holiday, my only regret was that I didn't get the 3G one as I wanted to get more books & had to find bars with internet access to get them. I was stood outside a closed bar one Sunday afternoon because they gave me their password, logging on to buy a book But then in future I will just make sure I have connected at home & got more books than I need.
I think the newer version has become slimmer hasn't it? I do love mine though, so easy to chuck in your bag & take anywhere & I got a nice cover for it from ebay.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2011, 10:37 PM
My sis bought 12 books today at 99p...
I forsee many phonecalls from her asking for help with it..she is a bit of a techophobe but a big reader ...
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I got one a few months ago. I love it. I bought a clip on light from the £ shop it clips on the case which I bought for a fiver from Ebay. I've also got a DVD with about 800 books on it that someone gave me. Plus my stepson has is going to give me over 6000 books somebody else has downloaded. I dont think I will need to visit Amazon for a while.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 10:56 PM
My OH bought one ast year and he bought one for his son this xmas as he's off to Afghan in Feb They both love em and OH finds himself reading a lot more as it's a gadget too

Me I still prefer paper, I like the way a book feels in your hand and until they make a waterproof one that I can read in the bath it'll stay that way
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 10:59 PM
My daughter bought me one, haven't got to grips with it yet as I was working today. I am looking forward to using it!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Kindle's are fab. I've had mine over a year now and I love it just as much as the day I got it.

Can't want for the Kindle Fire to launch here too......

smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I have 30,000 Nectar points on my card so I reckon I can get one for free in Argos, I have delayed in getting one thus far as I too like books, however because I travel so much it would be more convenient to have my reading material in one place.

I am waiting to have a fiddle with a friend's one before I take the plunge but I think it will also be ace for my studying, I will see what is downloadable in the reference book area.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I think they are doing loads of books for 99p on Amazon at the moment. I got mine in the summer as I only really read when I go on holiday, my only regret was that I didn't get the 3G one as I wanted to get more books & had to find bars with internet access to get them. I was stood outside a closed bar one Sunday afternoon because they gave me their password, logging on to buy a book But then in future I will just make sure I have connected at home & got more books than I need.
I think the newer version has become slimmer hasn't it? I do love mine though, so easy to chuck in your bag & take anywhere & I got a nice cover for it from ebay.
I have been trying to find books for 99p, found a few and some 1.99 ones, not too bad! I don't mind have a non-3G one as we'll just do as you're going to and make sure we download more than enough before hand Looking forward to going away with it and it's so light and comfortable to read

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
My sis bought 12 books today at 99p...
I forsee many phonecalls from her asking for help with it..she is a bit of a techophobe but a big reader ...
Ha ha, you'll have to do a photo step-by-step

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
I got one a few months ago. I love it. I bought a clip on light from the £ shop it clips on the case which I bought for a fiver from Ebay. I've also got a DVD with about 800 books on it that someone gave me. Plus my stepson has is going to give me over 6000 books somebody else has downloaded. I dont think I will need to visit Amazon for a while.
Wow - you've got a LOT a books to read!!!! That's like a library in your hand

Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
My OH bought one ast year and he bought one for his son this xmas as he's off to Afghan in Feb They both love em and OH finds himself reading a lot more as it's a gadget too

Me I still prefer paper, I like the way a book feels in your hand and until they make a waterproof one that I can read in the bath it'll stay that way
I find some guys seem to like it because it's a gadget too, my hubbie is one. He got a keyboard one months ago and enjoys reading more now than before.
I like books too, but I can never fit them all in my suitcase! I also like the fact I'll be able to clear some space on my bookcase as I replace my paper copies of some books. I'll still have some paper ones around, but we need to make space desperately!

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
My daughter bought me one, haven't got to grips with it yet as I was working today. I am looking forward to using it!
I hope you enjoy using it!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Kindle's are fab. I've had mine over a year now and I love it just as much as the day I got it.

Can't want for the Kindle Fire to launch here too......

Which version do you have? What's different about the Kindle Fire?

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I have 30,000 Nectar points on my card so I reckon I can get one for free in Argos, I have delayed in getting one thus far as I too like books, however because I travel so much it would be more convenient to have my reading material in one place.

I am waiting to have a fiddle with a friend's one before I take the plunge but I think it will also be ace for my studying, I will see what is downloadable in the reference book area.
Wow - I don't have a nectar card, but I presume it's a lot?! It's certainly easier to fit a new Kindle 4 in your bag than a pile of books! I'll be taking mine to work too as I do love reading and have missed it! I think it would be a great investment for you
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

Jesus how did you manage to accrue 30,000 Nectar Points!!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »