Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma Reynolds
New Member!
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Exhausted puppy!

Megan (now 9 and a half weeks) had her first lesson at puppy school last night. She had so much fun but fell asleep towards the end of the class and went to bed early. I couldn't even persuade her to eat supper! She is now laid under my chair snoring. Wake up Megan! We have homework to do!

There are 6 puppies in our class, although two couldn't make the first lesson last night. The others there yesterday were an 11 week old Bichon Frise bitch, an 11 week old Weimaraner dog and a 20 week old 'teacup' Yorkshire Terrier dog (his description, not mine!). The Yorkie was in the puppy class because he had had a 'bad start' and was nervous (massive understatement) and he basically couldn't even mix with the other puppies in the class. Hmmmm.

Anyway, Megan had a great time. She is so confident and friendly with people. She was rather vocal though. Well, she is a Tibetan Terrier! Something to work on I think.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Emma Reynolds View Post
Megan (now 9 and a half weeks) had her first lesson at puppy school last night. She had so much fun but fell asleep towards the end of the class and went to bed early. I couldn't even persuade her to eat supper! She is now laid under my chair snoring. Wake up Megan! We have homework to do!

There are 6 puppies in our class, although two couldn't make the first lesson last night. The others there yesterday were an 11 week old Bichon Frise bitch, an 11 week old Weimaraner dog and a 20 week old 'teacup' Yorkshire Terrier dog (his description, not mine!). The Yorkie was in the puppy class because he had had a 'bad start' and was nervous (massive understatement) and he basically couldn't even mix with the other puppies in the class. Hmmmm.

Anyway, Megan had a great time. She is so confident and friendly with people. She was rather vocal though. Well, she is a Tibetan Terrier! Something to work on I think.
Aw sounds like she had a fab time...your post just goes to show that brain rather than physical activity tires out a pup in no time at all. Sweet dreams Megan
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 03:07 PM
or thats good, she must have enjoyed herself
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Bless her, glad Megan had fun!
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Lovely when they are that dozy and quiet

I would have thought however that a puppy class would be the last place that Yorkie needs to be,far better in the advanced class to overcome nervousness. The other dogs would then be under enough control to not terrorize the poor little thing
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:41 PM
The Yorkie could've been nervous - you wouldn't be able to tell my dog's behaviour was a nervous reaction; it just looks aggressive.

I'm glad she had a fun time