Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katyjake1
New Member!
Female 

27-06-2009, 09:28 PM

will my dog still have puppies?

hi everyone this is my first time on here, right then i have a labrador and she's had one litter not by chose she got raped in her own back garden!! next door had men in doing work on their house & they had a labrador with them and he jumped my wall and got her, i heared macy yelp so i went out and they were stuck togeather!! anyway iam wanting to breed her this time and she's gone to spend the weekend with the stud but their not "tieing" will she still have puppies is what i basicly want to know because she tied with the first dog but not this one, why not?

i would be very very very greatfull for any help you can give me. many thanks Katy x
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-06-2009, 10:52 PM
There could be many reasons why your bitch is not mating with the dog you have sent her to. Is he a proven stud? Is she ready to be mated?What day of her season is she at?When she was previously mated,how far was she into her season. How long ago did she have her litter? Some bitches mate better if they are allowed to get to know the male(otherwise it's a bit like rape all over again) Did you take her to your vet to get her checked over before you took her to the stud?Lots of questions,but breeding is not always straight forward.How old is she?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Hi,

If your dog was "raped" and the liter was unplanned and unwanted why did you not take her to the vets for the jab to terminate the pregnancy?
Possibly this time she doens't want to mate with the stud dog - or any dog for that matter.

Also, did the owners of the sire provide any financial assistance wrt vets fees, care for the pups, finding homes for the pups etc?

Finally, if she really didn't want to mate with the builders' dog then she wouldn't have. The dog would've have to sniff arounf her and mount her. It take longer thana split second and muc loinger than it takes for any dog to react for them to tie. So if she hadn't wantes to mate then she'd have moved away or put the other dog in it's place.

Do you already have potential homes for the pups from the litter you're planning? Is your girl health tested? Is the stud dog a proven dog? What are your reasons for allowing her to have a second litter? How old is she?

All of these are questions you shoudl really ask yourself before thinking of allowing her to have a second litter.

Laura xx
katyjake1
New Member!
Female 

28-06-2009, 07:13 AM
hi thanks for getting back to me, in answer to your questions, eithen though the first litter wasnt planned we decided to keep them any way if she feel pregnant as we we're assured by the builder that his male black labrador was K.C registered, ( when the puppies were born he mysteriously "couldnt find the papers") but where we live in wales people dont seem to be bothered about K.C.its about the dog and it temperment the puppies dont fetch as much but we still got £350 each for the puppies and i no for a fact they all went to loveing homes as i no most of them and vetted the others, i care so much about those puppies i slept with them for the first two weeks of their lives(not litterally i had a bed on the floor next to them) and if i hadnt done that one of then would of drowned as she climbed on macys back and fell out of the pen into macys water bowl.

Macys 4years old (today) its been 2years since her first litter, she is letting this dog mount her and he is geting it in and has done several times its just not tieing. and she is flaunting it in front of his face and licking each other( it feels so wrong to be talking like this!!).

The reason for this litter is alot of people who no her other puppies have asked if shes going to have any more as her other pups are so lovely. and also its partly to do with money as i want to buy another labrador a choclate one K.C reg (eithen though i dont think its a big deal this K.C.) when my kids start nursrey i want to start doing small breeding and obviously its better if the bitch is k.c. from the stud's point of veiw and they buyers, macy is D.L. reg and just recently i had her lined up with a choc stud K.C then when they relise she was D.L. reg they pulled out, so the other dog she's with now is D.L as well (but the people who are haveing the pups dont mind this as they no macy and her last litter and just love the temperment of them)

Macy's health is all in order and i spoke to the vet over the phone and we think she is ready as shes at the stage where her blood has started turning to discharge.

iam not entirely sure what you mean by proven stud, if you mean has he fathered a litter before no he hasnt this is his first time, this is an experiment for then as their not sure if their going to stud him or not.

I know this reply seems long winded but i want to make sure i put my self across properly and show you iam very caring about macy and her puppies and any dog for that matter. please dont think iam doing this as a money thing iam doing it as i did want 1more litter out of macy and people are asking for her puppies and iam doing it to buy the choc lab so i can start doing it properly as a hobby in next few years.

P.S. no the builder didnt help pay any bills i didnt ask him to, he want one of the puppies so i gave him it for £150.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Is Macy hip scored and eye tested?
And the potential father?

How do you know she is pure bred as DLR club was invented by puppy supermarkets to avoid the low ethical standards enforced by the kennel club - any dog or chair can by DLR registered it appears as long as you fill in the form and pay your money ....
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 07:09 PM
hi,
even as a hobby breeder health tests are important!!! please please do not breed from your bitch and dont use a stud that has not been hip/elbow scored and a valid eye cert.there are so many labs that are cripples at a young age.i remmember when i started nursing(too many years ago)a pup of 6months having to be pts through agony of hd,it stays with me now!i know treatments have changed and that it doesnt mean it definatly wont happen,but at least your concience will be clear that you have done what you can for the pups you will be responsible for.
sorry for going on
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
with regards to tieing a bitch does not need to tie to get pregnant, it could be that she is not quit ready and it could still happen, the male you have used has he had all his test done hun, i now you said your bitch is good but the male should be as well even if not k.c. reg. the owner should of got all the health tests done as well as lab's can have probs with hips, elbows eyes etc. please just check on these as i am sure you would feel real bad if all the pups are born and they have health probs as it would not be there fault and you could end up putting your bitch throu all this and lossing your litter. hope that helps a bits. i have labs and have breed but health test is very important for both doglets.

sam