Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LMarie
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2009, 11:07 AM

Too Much Info

Good Morning,

Let me start with some background. Ciera (the Boxer) is my daughter's dog. She became pregnant when the neighbor's BOXER jumped the 8ft wall. Daughter not realizing until a few weeks ago she had a pregnant dog. Guesstimation of conception last 2 weeks of April. Of course i have to help deliver cuz she will freak out. I live an hour away. So on June 17th started taking Ciera's temp 2-3 times a day. June 17 ave temp 98.4, 18th 98.5, 19th 98.6. This Morning @ 10:30 97.2 @ 4:58pm 97.3 then 8:45 and 11:15 98.6. She is full with milk and her vulva is unbelievably puffy with discharge. Sporatic licking. No labor that i can detect. Thought for sure would be today after the low temp. No nesting, She does have a whelping box. So after all that what is going on. Labor Soon? HELP!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2009, 08:36 PM
If you think she should be in labour then you need to see your vet, she could have inertia, do you know how many pups she is carrying? You really can't risk waiting inertia is life threatening to both mum and pups

My Jasmines pups are 3 weeks old today, her temp dropped to 97.6 24 hours before labour started, they can also have a false drop, where the temp drops then comes back up again.....before dropping again and staying down for a while.....this is the true drop and labour should start within 24 hours of this.

Have you helped deliver a litter before? or is this your first time?
LMarie
New Member!
Female 

22-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Thank you for responding. She is having 6 puppies.Took her to the vet yesterday to make sure everything is ok. He said everything looked good labor at anytime. He said labor and delivery could last up to 36 hours since its her first litter. Ciera went into labor yesterday at 8pm. She has a little light green discharge today. She's digging, panting, pacing and has a strange look in her eyes. She draws her back legs up every once in a while out of discomfort. I have bred German Shepard's and Akita's. But that was 17 years ago. I have read everything i could get my hands on in case of problems. Always feel the need to know more. So, any advice would be welcome.

Thank you so much!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Good luck, hopefully by now things have moved on.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 02:02 PM
how is she? green discharge before pups isnt great news hope you have taken her to the vets?

mo
LMarie
New Member!
Female 

26-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Good Morning,

Well we're still up she started pushing at 9:30pm lastnite (tonite)after 17 hours of labor. She birthed 2 sacks full of fluid 10 min apart. No puppies! I was starting to panic just a little then 10 min later a huge lil girl was born 15 min later another girl. Two boys then a girl and then two more boys. 7 adorable Boxer puppies. 5 Brindle and 2 brown. She was done at 12:45am. I thought she was extremely fast. She still has 2 deliver 2 afterbirths so keeping an eye on her. Puppies are nursing and making all those cute noises they make. Mama is passed out. After 18 years or so since my last litter you forget how messy, the pain the dog suffers but its also so exciting. The wonder of new life. I'm thankful i got to experience the birth.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Congratulations!!! Sounds like everything went well. I expect you need some sleep now. Gets quite exhausting, doesn't it??? Well done
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
hi great to hear birth was good, hsa she del the other ofterbirths yet as you have not said since last post i really hope so or that you have been to the vets as its bad news if not. would love to see pics as well i bet there are cutie.