Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Thoughts on this worming program.

"Worm the bitch a day or two before mating her, then 6 weeks from last date of mating once confirmed in pup I give her a daily dose of 2.5ml of Panacur (sheep wormer, the same as the dog, horse and cattle wormer) per 10kg body weight, up until the pups are 2 weeks old and ready to be wormed themselves."

Anyone else follow anything similar? Sounds like alot of worming!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 08:29 AM
My last vet told me to do it this way with our first pregnancy, but our now vet said to worm mum just before mating and not again till the pups are 2 weeks old, then to worm both mum/pups at the same time.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2009, 10:29 PM
hi
we recommend worming the bitch low grade through the pregnancy till just after the pups are born with panacur granules(cant remember the dose rate off the top o my head) it is very safe and lessons the worm burden on the pups so they are happier and healthier
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
i wormed before mating then the bitch and pups are wormed from 2wks and every 2 weeks till they leave with mum at the same time with the same stuff you have said, none of my pups or mum have had worms doing it this way. i hope that helps hun.