Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 04:53 PM

Grooooan- chicken pox

My 6 year old is covered in them. It's surely only a matter of time until my 3 year old come out in them too. We have stocked up on calpol, piriton, calamine lotion (son swears it doesn't work though) and he's about to go for his second bicarb of soda bath of the day. What fun Poor boy though, I remember having them when I was 9, not nice.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
aaww bless, my wee boy got them at 6 months old and it was the best time as he didnt scratch them at all and was head to toe and back to front covered in them !!

I highly recommend the aqueous calamine cream as its moist so rubs into the skin and doesnt dry it in like normal calamine. We get it in our local pharmacy in a white tub.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
both my 2 had it in Feb, my youngest had really big spots and has lots of scars where as the other had lots of really small ones but were extemely itchy. Hope your feelbetter soon. Mine were exactly 2 weeks apart
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
I highly recommend the aqueous calamine cream as its moist so rubs into the skin and doesnt dry it in like normal calamine. We get it in our local pharmacy in a white tub.

Thanks for that, I'll go in and ask tomorrow
Just put both of them in the bath and the 3 year old has a few suspicious spots. I'm not sure if it's chicken pox or not, I'm expecting everything to be a chicken pox spot at the moment Time will tell I suppose.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
My 3 year old niece has chicken pox too, I'm now waiting to see if my 7 year old daughter goes down with it now, as we were with my niece on sunday

I had it at 18..........EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Hope they get through it quickly xx
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks I was actually hoping they'd get it sooner rather than later and get it over and done with. I've deliberately put them with children with the chicken pox before to try and get them to catch it and get it over before they get too big. Terrible isn't it ! They never did catch it though until this time, when I wasn't even trying! If only he'd waited until next week when my OH is home from the rig it would have been so much more convenient
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Poor lad. It's no fun....

x0x
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
oh bless i have shingles at the moment and got its bad, when i had chicken pocks i used sudacrem as it soothed much better and helped to clear them up try that hun helped my little boy as well he got last yr aged 6yrs hope your little one gets well soon xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I was about to recommend the aqueous cream with the calomine too! It is so soothing.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks all! He's much better today and the itching has died down. Well, he's not complaining about it anymore... It's difficult when they are not 'ill' as such and are raring to go but you've got to keep them home. We did risk a trip to the playpark (noone there) and the beach with Jago so everyone's happy