View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:12 AM
So both dogs have been screened for L-2-HGA, Hereditary Cataracts, PHPV and PPSC -- the congenital conditions that affect Staffies?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Labradork,

I asked about health checking but the OP skirted around it in her response.

Come on Thr4ead Starter - have you really had the relevant health checks done by your vet? Or hve you jsut had a quick, once over, physical? if so, this definitely isn't adequate and for your girl's sake,. I hoep she isn't pregnant.

Laura xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 11:59 AM
this is hard as everyone is just wanting the best for your dogs and any pups that come from the mating, with regards to your question yes a bitch can still bleed as seasons last 21 days some longer, i would say make sure your bitch gets to rest as it is very tiering if she is still allowing the male to mate then she is still ready as she will tell him when she is not any more, when i mated my girl i only allowed 1 mating aday as its tiering. i hope this helps a bit. i am happy if you want to ask any more questions just ask or pm. ihope you find all you need to now about the whelping and what to look out for. yes i agree get a diffrent vet as they are there to help you. If you are still in touch with your bitches breeder maybe call and speak to them as they are first hand with breeding they are the best to help you out hun. sam
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
this is hard as everyone is just wanting the best for your dogs and any pups that come from the mating, with regards to your question yes a bitch can still bleed as seasons last 21 days some longer, i would say make sure your bitch gets to rest as it is very tiering if she is still allowing the male to mate then she is still ready as she will tell him when she is not any more, when i mated my girl i only allowed 1 mating aday as its tiering. i hope this helps a bit. i am happy if you want to ask any more questions just ask or pm. ihope you find all you need to now about the whelping and what to look out for. yes i agree get a diffrent vet as they are there to help you. If you are still in touch with your bitches breeder maybe call and speak to them as they are first hand with breeding they are the best to help you out hun. sam
thank u for help.. sjpurt have u got email addy so i can email u to chat bout it thanks
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Nice to see you are dodging questions about your dogs health testing.

I hope you are aware that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are the number one breed of dog admitted to rescues.
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Nice to see you are dodging questions about your dogs health testing.

I hope you are aware that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are the number one breed of dog admitted to rescues.
they have been checked very good,, ive said that all ready
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Could you clarify what you mean by 'checked'? does that mean that they have been screened for L-2-HGA, Hereditary Cataracts, PHPV and PPSC?
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Could you clarify what you mean by 'checked'? does that mean that they have been screened for L-2-HGA, Hereditary Cataracts, PHPV and PPSC?
yes ive had all checks by the vets and i belong to riveride vets and they r good ...just wen i see one of them he didnt really want to help on my questions ,,
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 01:41 PM
If you have had the tests done, is your bitch clear or a carrier of those conditions?
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 02:29 PM
she is clear and very healthy.. but i wanted to know about mating ,, ive done alot looking on net and i found some one near by me that breeds so he said he will help me too ,,thank u for all ur help sorry if i sounded offish
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >