View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 07:15 AM
A friend of mine got it last year when she was planning her wedding! It could be the same thing, just over tired and stressed (busy). Rest up as much as possible and hope you get better soon, you've got lots to do ;o) xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh No - Big Hugs - My grandmother is recoving from Shingles on her head. I really feel for you
xxxx
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi,

Really feel for you as I had shingles last year on my face and around my eye. Luckily it didnt go in my eye but that side of my face was swollen for a couple of weeks.

The rash faded fairly quickly but left a deep scar on my eyebrow, I used Bio oil on it daily and although its taken a while it hardly shows now.

The worst thing for me was that it left me feeling really tired and drained and I had to have 7 weeks off work. For a while afterwards if I got tired I felt really ill. Dont try and do too much too soon, the more you rest the quicker you will recover.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:56 PM
thanks for all the hugs guys they are needed this is worse than hell i am sure off it, OH has been checking it for me and it looks like i will be getting a scar as there is a very deep part that is red row, i have the nurse on wed so will see what she says, i have had pain in my knees for years now and i can tell you this is worse than that i an tell you. The doctor has given me oramorph to top up on as all the pain meds i take are not touching it i really hope the pain goes soon i cant keep up like this, i have not slept since i got it i cant get comfy any where, oh life really sucks right now. when its heald i will try the bio oil thou thanks for that.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 08:09 PM
So sorry to hear this Sam. Hope you get some relief soon hun. xx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Aww poor you, i hope you make a speedy recovery.

I got diagnosed and medicated for/with internal shingles about 18 months ago. I woke up with deafness in one ear and tingling/numbness in one side of my face. After ruling various other things out they decided to treat for internal shingles to be on the safe side.

I'm guessing you're on a steroid type medication? If it's anything like the stuff i had to take i really feel for you as it made me feel like crap. I took the course as instructed which lasted about 3 weeks and i think everyone concerned was glad when i came off them!!

I personally don't think i ever had shingles, they later decided i had a perforated ear drum which apparently might have been caused by the shingles.

I hope you get sorted soon, think postive and try not to stress as that can make shingles worse.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2