Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:17 PM

shingles ohhhhhhhhhhhh

why does life suck, well with every thing going on in my life i had to get up at 3.30am as was very un-comfortable so thouhgt i would sit in the front room and read, well i sat back and nearly went throu the roof i have not felt pain like it. I wanted to scream it was red hot so painful. well thought i had better go and have a look oh my god i have never seen any thing like it right across the middle of my back looked like a burn it was raised and bright red with blisters. I got Oh to have alook he thought i had burnt it as well, so got to the docs when they opened saw my nurse and she was oh dear i need to get the doctor, i thought oh god what is it.

When the doc came in and saw it and said its shingles i wanted to cry what else can be thrown at me this year. I have to take very large antibiotics 750mg 1 aday for 7 days they have said it can take any thing from 2wks to 8mths for the pain to go as shingles follows a nerve so the pain i have could be with me for a while and i am really hoping the mark i have will fade and not scar over as it might be on show for my wedding life is s.......t right now.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh Sam, that's so horrid, can't begin to imagine how painful that is for you. Just a thought, but have you tried soothing lotion along with your tablets, it might help.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh Sam *hug* - it may not be as bad as you think. Baz had shingles a couple of years ago - right across his chest - he was off work for a week, but then made a full recovery.

Hope it's that mild for you chicken x0x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Ohh, I sympathise with you!
I had shingles about 6 years ago, as I was recovering from cancer!
I started to get a sore back, and my Mum looked and I had a rash....it went from the middle of my back, down my left arm, up the front of my arm, and half way across my chest!

It was easter weekend, so went to the emergency docs, who gave me tablets - that I had an allergic reaction to!

I was going on holiday 4 days later - the infection had cleared up, and the doc said I was 'safe' to go on holiday, but the rash was still there!
Can't remember how long the rash stayed though, sorry!

Hope you feel better soon!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

i was putting savlon on it with dressings as i cant have cloting touch it i go throu the roof, i am now on to sudocrem with dressings the nurse has given me which is a bit better but not for long i dont wish this on anyone and it can come up any where even in side your eyes ohhhhhhh pleased i not got it there i can tell you. they hjave said i have prob got it because i was inder alot of stress at old home and mt imune systen is so low. but still so not far.. hoping tom will be a bit better as tablets are started now. thanks thou hun
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:46 PM
thanks guys i can remember my gdad getting it and he was bad for 3mths, the doc said this is a bad case just my luck nothing mild for me would make a nice change i guess... xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:11 PM
*hugs* Sam. My fingers are firmly crossed you only get it mild. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Hugs Sam, I had that 9 years ago, it took me 12 months to get over it....I can still remember the pain now.
I couldn't have any tablets (due to allegeries) so I had to just suffer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Hope you feel better soon Sam. (((Hugs))).
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Sam really sorry to hear you have shingles. I can remember my Nan having it down the side of her face and neck when I was a child. The pain she was in has stuck in my head all these years.
Sending you lots of gentle (((hugs))) and I really hope yours clears up quickly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >