Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Hugs Natalie, I didn't think otherwise.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Awww I had to do this with a mouse once and still remember his wee face, took me ages to get over it, I had nightmares! I think I was only about 15 or 16 at the time too.
Efes123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-08-2008, 05:02 PM
We have a cat as well as K. One day I managed to save a young chick from her, we then locked the cat in and put the chick in the middle of the lawn in the back garden. I then spent the next hour ringing first the RSPB, who told they wouldn't do anything and to ring the RSPCA. I rang the RSPCA and they told me to leave it on the alwn in the back garden, what fantastic advice!

When I went to check up on the chick an hour later, unfortunately I found that a football from next door's kids had landed on it, but worse it was still struggling. I had to do the thing, it's not good and does stick in your memory I don't think it was that's chick day somehow.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2008, 05:33 PM
The area around Snorri Mansions is heaving with Rabbits, and on one walk, the TZBCs caught one. By the time I got to the scene of the action, Kali had broken its back: it was squealing, but beyond hope, so yours truly had to finish the job. After checking to see that it had no myxomatosis, we put it in the pot. Waste not, want not. Anyone want the recipe for Catalan Rabbit Stew??

Snorri
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 12:23 PM
you did the right thing to end it's suffering. Stamping on (healthy) mice is common practice at my college, it always makes me sad though they're only small but a life is a life. still, i expect he's got a nice big mountain of cheese up in mousey heaven
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
so yours truly had to finish the job. After checking to see that it had no myxomatosis, we put it in the pot. Waste not, want not.
Snorri
We do the same thing - I think it's more of a disrespect to let them go to waste. Although I just couldn't do that with the baby I mentioned before - it was to little anyway - we ended up giving that little fella a burial.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Efes123 View Post
We have a cat as well as K. One day I managed to save a young chick from her, we then locked the cat in and put the chick in the middle of the lawn in the back garden. I then spent the next hour ringing first the RSPB, who told they wouldn't do anything and to ring the RSPCA. I rang the RSPCA and they told me to leave it on the alwn in the back garden, what fantastic advice!

When I went to check up on the chick an hour later, unfortunately I found that a football from next door's kids had landed on it, but worse it was still struggling. I had to do the thing, it's not good and does stick in your memory I don't think it was that's chick day somehow.
Aw, man, that poor chick

I hate it when you make some phone calls to organisations who are supossed to care and then you find out they don't give a sh!t.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3