View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Possibly a false pregnancy? My afghan used to do this.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Maybe it's a northern breed thing? Both my dogs dig up the carpet before laying down, the odd thing is that they dig for quite a while but often don't end up laying there after all!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Does she then circle and lie down?

It is very common for dogs to 'make their beds' before they lie down. Our old Kip used to do this - actually wore out a patch by the front door which was he favourite place to lie when we were out.
Syd does that everytime he wants to sit down, we put a big rug where he sits so that he doesn't wreck the carpet.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Maybe,she's not really eating at the minute,claws the carpet,circles her bed trying to get comfy,the other night she pinched my partner's pillows off the bed an led on it on the floor.
Howling a lot too!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
Maybe,she's not really eating at the minute,claws the carpet,circles her bed trying to get comfy,the other night she pinched my partner's pillows off the bed an led on it on the floor.
Howling a lot too!
All these sound like symptoms of a false pregnancy. Is it about 9 weeks since her season or if she is speyed is it about 9 weeks since she should have been in season?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Just to add, if it is, then I suggest you stop it if you can, because I remember when Cassie once did this, she was always trashing her bed though and when I took her to the vet about it, he said it was a false pregnancy and we must put a stop to it immediately! Why that is I don't know, but that's what he told me! Good luck, hope you get this sorted soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2