Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 07:08 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 16th May

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all in fine fettle and your four legged friends too. I am glad I have the use of my car back as I have to go to the hospital this afternoon for my blood tests.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all things stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Morning Moyra
Kazz, pleased i see nobody and nothing on my walks
Well builders arrived at 7.10am today...mum spoke to the council and they can't start until 8, they said they would come visit but mum said leave for now, she said if i want to go have a word...my word will be on the end of a bat the mood i am in...god knows what's up with me
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Good morning Moyra, Griff and all who follow

Hope blood test goes well this afternoon Moyra

Vert thoughtless builders and neighbours Griff. Think I would go and have a stern word with the builders and tell them I will report them if they start before 8,00 am

Dull and very windy here. The panel for the door was meant to fitted this morning but a phone call tells me that they haven't even got it yet. They can now do it when I am ready. Been out gardening but too windy to climb steps and trim bushes so only tidy the flower beds.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Afternoon Moyra, griff, Sue and all who follow.

Hope the blood tests weren't to longer wait Moyra and thank goodness you have your car back.
griff that is really out of order I think a word in the builders ear maybe threatening them with mentioning to the council if they start again before 8am. Preferably without the baseball bat to start with.
Good grief Kazz what a day you had yesterday hope it has been quieter today.

We have been on a coffee shop crawl..started off at a place called Bearts, mostly horse feed and nice coffee shop then found another one in a farm shop and then made a slight detour to Welney and had cake and a cold drink there.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Not long been back from the hospital. Thank God for the car she's a blessing. They have a new system with the blood tests and it is certainly a lot quicker. Got a dentist appointment tomorrow late afternoon. So will have to walk Amber earlier than usual and then go. Certainly making use of the car now I have her back! Just hope she is going to pass her MOT in a few weeks time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Not long been back from the hospital. Thank God for the car she's a blessing. They have a new system with the blood tests and it is certainly a lot quicker. Got a dentist appointment tomorrow late afternoon. So will have to walk Amber earlier than usual and then go. Certainly making use of the car now I have her back! Just hope she is going to pass her MOT in a few weeks time.
Sure she will she has hardly been driven.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 04:13 PM
That's true Kazz but I think the new MOT check will be a lot tougher!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Good afternoon all.

Freezing here today. Cloudy, cold, windy. Back to winter (or at least back to the winter coat). We were glad to get home today and that's unusual for us even in winter. I think the last few days of sunshine have spoiled us .

Gary is a lot better today. Still licking his wounds, but out of the fitting stage thank heavens.

My sister is plodding on. She's finding being alone in the house the worst thing. My daughter and son and her own son are visiting regularly, but it just isn't the same as having someone there all the time is it?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Freezing here today. Cloudy, cold, windy. Back to winter (or at least back to the winter coat). We were glad to get home today and that's unusual for us even in winter. I think the last few days of sunshine have spoiled us .

Gary is a lot better today. Still licking his wounds, but out of the fitting stage thank heavens.

My sister is plodding on. She's finding being alone in the house the worst thing. My daughter and son and her own son are visiting regularly, but it just isn't the same as having someone there all the time is it?
No i would not be have to say since loosing my Uncle (Moms oldest brother) late last year. This year Mom has rung her SIL every evening to say "What have you done today...etc and I did...etc.......and then "Goodnight sleep well" she does this every evening as she said "she has us in the house whereas Kathleen has no one in the house to say Goodnight"

Which is odd as Kathleen and Mom did not get on really well they pottered along for the last 67/70 years engagement and marriage to my Uncle.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Moyra it's good you've got your car back, so useful, don't worry too much about the new MoT, it seems to me it's mostly about the 'catagories' for example my understanding is that the 'advisories' are called something else and there are three types (Dangerous) (Not dangerous but needs looking at) and something else I've forgotten

Pass or fail still comes down to basic safety and of course now the exhaust emissions. If yours is a petrol car I'm sure you'll be OK. Mine's a diesel

Chris, good your lad is 'back to normal' hope it stays that way.

Griff, sounds like your neighbours and the builders don't care, not nice for you.

The vet phoned today with Caseys blood test results. They want to reduce the Lanoxin Pg from six per day to four per day and do another blood test in a months time.

They were checking for side effects so I assume there were some, just hope the new dosage will be OK, it's all to keep his heart pulse regular and steady, this is now more of a concern than the cardiomyopathy aparently.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >