Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2016, 06:01 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, May 5

Good morning everyone, It is Amber's 5th birthday today, where have those 5 years gone I ask myself. She is merrily chewing her breakfast chicken thigh so I will take her out when she is done.

Griff and June hope your backs are better this morning and Mandy hope your hip is also on the improve.

1cd. know what you mean about fuel bills, it has only just turned warmer here enough to turn the heating off. Our bills are going to be higher this year.

Lynn and Harvey hope the boys legs are doing ok.

Jenny, hope you had a good day in the garden yesterday.

Have a good day today everyone stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Happy Birthday Amber. Good morning Moyra and all who follow. June have you looked on 24studio or ebay for a kindle case? Just depends what kindle it is. Sun is shining here and been out with Tyto already before it gets warmer. Not a lot planned today except for sorting out clothes etc for holiday. 3 weeks tomorrow yeh!! Maybe hanging blinds in the conservatory would help to keep it cooler tumbleweed. bfn have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2016, 07:58 AM
TW, you can't seem to get the kindle cases anywhere except amazon at the moment, i got some and they were about £4 each, they aren't quite right but do serve as protection..this is what i got
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flip-LEATH...YAAOxyBPZTjdIL
Morning Moyra and Brenda...hope you are both going to enjoy the sunshine
I ma in agony so i am going to take the naproxen stuff the dr gave me...it doesn't react well with some of my other medication but i really need to do something....i have ordered myself a back support to see if i can stop this happening
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Oh Griff, you poor thing,hoping the meds help you and you get some relief from it. I got another thing from Amazon today, thought it was a case to be honest but it was a memory card in a card envelope. Soooo have found the place where it goes but it keeps popping out, any advice
I might just get a neoprene pocket for it, turf will doubtless arrive at a time when I am penniless so not going to spend what I haven't got. My whole back aches this morning because I was digging yesterday, that is the really bad bit over now, I do have to paint the fences though and the decking, but can do that in stages.If no turf has appeared by the time I've done all this and planted pots etc I have decided to get
some artificial grass!!!
Many Happy Returns to Amber, she is a bit older than Mabs then, who is 5 at the end of next January. Hope she has a lovely day, just the day for a Birthday BBQ Did you get any news on your appointment Moyra
Lovely sunny morning already and girls have their umbrella up, was a bit of a faff putting it up as it is an enormous one and my body is a bit hurty, but we got there. Will get out for a walk in a bit, got a girly food delivery due this morning, he'll probably arrive just as we are on our way out, or it will be there on the doorstep when we get back, have made space on the decking by the door and will hope he puts it there.
Hoping Lynn and Nippy are fine and enjoying the decent weather and that 1cd gets some sun today.
Just looked at the ebay link Griff, its cheap enough, isn't it. Doubt I'll find anything cheaper will I
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Morning all.
Happy Birthday Amber Hope you have a good day.
griff sorry to hear that you are not getting any relief from your meds. Hope you are better soon.
TW. how are you getting on with your Fire. I just have a kindle app for my tablet and I love it. I got the cover from it in Currys they had a huge choice.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Happy Birthday Amber
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2016, 09:02 AM
I've been looking through some old photos, thought you might like to see this, I am on the left!
Taken at a hospital anniversary celebration in the 80s!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	13179235_10208867581587707_6965131094160705935_n.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	4983  
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I like the Fire Nippy, just need to find a way of stopping the memory card popping out I'll get a cheap case for it till I have paid everyone that needs to be paid, which the way its going will be the next millenium
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I remember when nurses dressed like that, and the Matron was a figure of fear I'm sure they're far more comfortable in what they wear now, but its not the same is it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2016, 09:15 AM
TW, you have to sort of push the memory card in and it should click in...bit like clicking a seatbelt
Nippy, that is a fabulous photo
Many happy returns to amber
Had the tablets...keeping fingers crossed it works. I am in for a delivery today so will just take it steady
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >