Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Experienced Handler

In February 1013 I imported a beautiful English Setter from Poland. I have been showing him with some success - and some failures too. Unfortunately due to a heart condition I am not really able to do him justice as his handler - basically because I cant run fast enough any more. However - he is very difficult to handle and quite naughty too - we have had some lessons from one of the top handlers in the country and he sometimes despairs as well !
Does anyone know of an experienced, competent handler with long legs (!) who might be able to help us out ?

Thanks

Thalice's Mum
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Thats a shame you can't handle him anymore, I can't help sorry, why not put the word out round the ring to see if anyone would be willing to run him for you.....

You handle him and get a friend to run him, would that work for you .
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks for that. My friend has tried moving him for me and that didnt work - he needs the whole thing ! Most people I know are handling their own dogs at the same shows so dont want to detract from their own chances and the Junior Handlers at my local club are into toy dogs no hulking great louts ! I will continue my quest !

Thalice's Mum
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Have a look in the dog show papers. I am sure if you advertise there is someone out there that would like the experience. Good Luck.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I know someone who shows Flat Coated, so I'll ask her for you. I also know a very good 18 year old, tall long legs, but I know he's been showing littlies. I'll look out the link to his website too. Maybe one of them can help!
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I know someone who shows Flat Coated, so I'll ask her for you. I also know a very good 18 year old, tall long legs, but I know he's been showing littlies. I'll look out the link to his website too. Maybe one of them can help!
That would be great ! Largo is a quality dog but very difficult to handle. I feel he has the potential to do very well. We have had some cracking critiques on the days when he has won !

eg - Class 1810 GD (5 Entries) Abs: 0 1st: 5438 LEATHER Ms A Meldor-sett Laird Of Avalon At Pewterspeare (Imp Poland)

Loved this boy, he is so worth persevering with. Fabulous bone, size, shape and construction. Loved his head and expression, good neck, topline and tail carriage. Super ribbing and correct loins. Excellent angulation front and rear which gave him his superb movement. Have confidence in his quality, go to training classes and make the most of him, he is gorgeous.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
That would be great ! Largo is a quality dog but very difficult to handle. I feel he has the potential to do very well. We have had some cracking critiques on the days when he has won !

eg - Class 1810 GD (5 Entries) Abs: 0 1st: 5438 LEATHER Ms A Meldor-sett Laird Of Avalon At Pewterspeare (Imp Poland)

Loved this boy, he is so worth persevering with. Fabulous bone, size, shape and construction. Loved his head and expression, good neck, topline and tail carriage. Super ribbing and correct loins. Excellent angulation front and rear which gave him his superb movement. Have confidence in his quality, go to training classes and make the most of him, he is gorgeous.
Fabulous critique , hope you can find someone, it would be a shame for him to not be out there .

Have you any pics of him would love to see him .
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2014, 05:24 PM
What about asking Richard Bott. He's experienced in the breed and has long legs! Otherwise he may be able to suggest someone.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
What about asking Richard Bott. He's experienced in the breed and has long legs! Otherwise he may be able to suggest someone.
Thanks - Richard is showing an English at the moment and sadly I dont think I could afford him. My choice for professional handler would be Michael Coad as we have had some lessons with him but he is out of my price range too. I was hoping for a youngster with ambition (and long legs !)

Maud
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Have you considered a (maybe retired) Police dog handler or trainer? I would have thought with some guidance from you, one would be more than capable of handling your dog in the show ring. My two dogs new trainer is a qualified police dog handler and trainer and I've been impressed with the progress he's making with them, especially with my Pei girl who suffered from eye problem when she was younger and as a result can be nervous and sometimes unpredictable.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >