Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 06:18 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily thread Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey peeps

Much, much cooler this morning, and just along the coast where we used to live, they've had massive storms and rain, but we seem to have escaped it here, just cool and cloudy which is a welcome relief from yesterday cos it got a tad too hot for me.

All ended well on Friday night when dave arrived home in the AA trick with his car on the back, whilst I was chatting for an hour to the lovely guy who had walked from the station in the end. He was buying dave's old car. which dave was wishing he hadn't sold by then

Hectic day yesterday, I was dragging poor dave around Asda and other places, then up to the van to do the final touches for guests today. I know I have the new cleaners, but I do like to go in after them and fiddle about here and there lol.

We ended up going down to the old town on the seafront for fish and chips cos it was so hot at lunchtime, I was so tired and couldn't be bothered to cook and we thoroughly enjoyed it, but then you'll always get a good fish meal in a fishing town wont'cha.

Today I want him to take me to Dunelms ( ) not only do I need a fix in there, but I want to get some brighter summery cushions for the van, along with some new lighter throws, the brown looks a bit drab for this sunshine we're getting, and considering she washes it all each week, it doesn't really matter if it gets dirty, at least it starts off looking nice for my guests.

I'm in desperate need of a gardener at the moment cos of course I can't do it, and my poor garden is getting a bit shabby, although had a spectacular show with the peonies this year, which are now half dead and bending over.

Finger has been better, until I hit it on something sitting at the desk when I had it out of its cast yesterday, it didn't like that at all and complained all day about that. Dave had to modify my plastic cast a bit by sawing a bit off that was digging into my second finger and pushing it aside making that finger very stiff, but it seems to have done the trick cos this morning all is well again with the hand.

Can't comment on anything cos I haven't been around, except for a quick skim through and saw that lovely cake Mandy, so enjoy your father's day today.

Lynn, glad to hear Gordon arrived hiome safely with his car fixed, and June hope that back isn't too bad this morning. Since not walking I have to say, my hips and back don't give me any grief now, so I'm sure it's these big hills that cause most of my problems.

Have a lovely week-end all, I will be busy again today but it's so nice to get out, even with my chaperone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Good Morning Helena and Lynn because I see she is hovering and will probably get to print before I do. I was up so early this morning. I looked at the clock and was sure it said 8.17 anyways I get up and get dressed, make the bed etc and then when I come to look again the 8 was a 6 so by then it was too late to go back to bed so I thought I would attack my web sites early.

Amber swallowed that balloon but so far there is no show. Going to take her out in a minute or two and please God it will be there all of it! If it doesn't emerge today I may well have to take her to the vet to see what they think. She is enjoying the extra food being pushed her way to get it down the line but I don't want her putting all that weight back on.

Well lovely friends have a good day and hope all goes well for you all. God bless.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 06:31 AM
A very quick morning to you all as I have a very busy day and evening ahead.
Leaving for work in half hour for a couple of hours, then shopping, the my sons and families coming over as we have a big fun day about 2 mins walk from my house over furze hills today. Loads of stalls and stuff for the kids this afternoon, then at 5.30 live bands start playing (one being my favourite band) , then at 10.30 it finishes with a big firework display.
Weather is dry but thankfully a bit cooler so ideal for today.
Sorry I havn't a clue whats been happening with you all as I have been so busy last couple of days.
Thought I would post this pic of Harley to start your day with a smile. Harley on his journey to Devon last night.

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Morning Helena good to see you and all that it all worked out well with the car in the end.
Sounds like yesterday was very busy bit that the fish and chip lunch made up for that.
Poor Dave will be cringing about having to go to Dunelms today. Dob't torture him for too long.
Ouch about hitting that finger I remember the pain well from mine when I use to hit it. Even now it hurts.
Enjoy your trip round Dunelms and checking up on the cleaners.

It has rained here at some point during the night. Would of been after 3 as I was still awake at that time. Mum and dad from no.5 must of gone on holiday and they have got noisy family or friends in to dog sit. Thursday they were playing music loudly outside you can usually sit in the garden peacefully. Last night they let the little yappy cavaliers out at gone 11pm and mum will bring them in they left them to yap,yap,yap. I know there are a couple of older children live there permanently so could be them but there is a younger child turned up too.
Also Dillon decided to come up to bed because Gorden was home and it was hot upstairs all he did was pant so that kept me awake too. He did eventually want e to bring him down at 2 and did settle downstairs instead of his usual kip on the patio he has been needing lately.
Car being left at the garage later for the work to start on it it needs to get an mot certificate during the week. So I'm car less after Monday for however many days not sure how many he couldn't say.
Can hear it raining again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Morning Moyra you did beat me I was droning on and on this morning.
Sounds so far like Amber isn't suffering any ill effects from the balloon. at you and the clock that's the sort of thing I do, you will be needing a nanny nap later.
Morning Bev sounds like a fun day planed today. Enjoy.
Love that picture of Harley.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Oh Bev, have a lovely day sounds like fun up where you live now. Maybe, I should move that way. Lovely picture of Harley. He is a beautiful dog and it seems so strange that he should need rehoming the way he has when he is so perfect. It must have been a wrench for his previous owners surely. I wonder what his history was.

Lyn
, oh Lord hope you are not going to have a lot of disturbance next door with all that lot going on. Be a shame if you have to take them to task over the noise. I feel sorry for the likes of Dillon and big woolie dogs in this hot weather, even Amber finds it hot but whereas all my other previous Labradors would go and lay in the long bungalow bath I have filled with water Amber doesn't want to know instead it is now filled with sand so she can hunt the golf balls. Steve has one white one black and he calls the black one truffles because he puts truffle oil on it. Some day he hopes he can take her to the woods to do some truffling.......some day! Nobody has ever found that day have you seen it? Have a good one all, God bless.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Good morning one and all
Hope everyone is well ,not forgetting the doglets
Don't be going too much tweeking up at the van Helena ,and upsetting the hand enjoy Dunelms
Hope the balloon passes through Amber soon Moyra
MM enjoy the fun day /evening
Lynn hope your not carless for too long and don't need to go anywhere hopefully no yappy dogs today
Well the sun is trying to shine after a night of heavy rain not had the glorious weather you all seem to have had down South you lucky so n so's
Just the usual here
Muppets are just their usual Muppet selfs mad as a box of frogs lol
Hope everyone has a good weekend
Take care stay safe
Sorry if I've missed anyone not intentional xxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Morning Norma lovely to see you.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Thank you Lynn lovley to be back hope you and the delectable Dillon are well
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Morning

It's Carys' Communion tomorrow so she's doing a rehearsal this morning and we need to do hair washing, clothes checking etc. I'm glad it's cooler.

Loki's had 5 seizures so far and he will no doubt have more today. He's doing okay though.

I am shattered; I wish I could have had a lie in but Michael wakes up early and puts paid to any ideas of sleep. He has to have a consultation on Thursday to look at taking his broken tooth out under sedation - I feel sick thinking about it.

Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »