Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KARAT
New Member!
Male 

27-05-2014, 02:06 AM

A Great Dane who needs help!

We have a dog named karat,who is a Great Dane, 11years old, a wonderful dog. We think are dog karat has a problem with his heart because he has started to breath a little bad we don't know what is going on with are dog so we need a doctor. We have financial problems going on right now, so if there is anyone out there and help us save our dog. Then we will be very happy. Our phone number is (removed)f you can help us than please call us on the phone number listed above. We live in Canada in ontario in oro medonte we are very close to barrie. Thanks again so so if you can help us anyway or have a solution please contact us we will be very grate full to you. thank you very much!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Very sorry to hear about your worry with your dog. As you can see your telephone number has been removed (it is not allowed) so you won't be getting phone calls from members here.

Also you are in CAN and this is a UK based forum. I think ideally you should let a vet examine your dog or at least seek help nearer to home.

But I think it's impossible to diagnose a dog over the internet or the phone. And I'd be worried about anyone who thought they could do that.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear about Karat's health problems .

11 is a terrific age for a giant breed dog and I really think you should at least get him examined at the vet, whether or not you choose to proceed with any medication if needed.

Good luck and I hope you can get him sorted.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Hello and welcome to Dogsey. 11 is a good age for Great Dane.
I hope you are able to get him to the vet and checked out.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2014, 08:36 AM
If you truly wish to hand out your phone number (not advised) you'll have to make a Direct Thread and include a few people in it, then you can likely put your phone number where it won't be removed.

I'm American, but this forum is predominately UK members. I am the closest to you, but still very far and I don't have any extra money to help you unfortunately. If I were you, I'd start looking around at low cost options online.

Google it and see what you come up with. A few programs offer free exams a few times a month. Shelters can also often be of help, go in and tell them your problem and they might be able to direct you to a source that costs less.

If he turns out to need surgery or something, you can set up a fundraiser for him on one of the sites that are used for this... and post a detailed YouTube video explaining and linking to the fund raiser.

11 is a very good age for a Great Dane, I hope you get everything worked out in the end. Can you afford to have a vet examine him? An exam is about $35-55 in most places and they can listen to his heart and breathing and detect any abnormalities.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2014, 09:47 AM
As the others have said 11 is a great age for a great dane and he's probably coming to the end of his life. He needs to see a vet know, you don't have time to save up or ask for money from strangers. Sell something and get him to the vet now.