Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2013, 02:02 PM

My lovely but weird rats

I've got to little dumbo rats. They're totally lovely, never bite (unless they get hold of an earplug.. then they turn into tiny godzillas!) and will lick and nibble you if they get a chance.
Spyro has a sight problem so she doesn't like leaving her cage where she knows where everything is but Kali loves coming out and exploring. They love taking baths as well and they'll splash you wet if you're close to the cage.

This is how Spyro likes to sleep

Kali is the more curious one

This is as far as she'll go
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Little cuties!
I miss my rats now..

I love Spyro's colour
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Oh, you've made me want rats again.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2013, 06:22 PM
So cute!! I love rats but don't think I will ever have them again as I became allergic to them and anything you keep them on. Mine were a pair of females, one blonde and one brown, called Thelma and Louise. When my ex husband had a serious asthma attack and completely stopped breathing he was advised to give up smoking (no brainer really!), rehome the dog and my rats. There was no way the dog was going, he had already had three homes, but I said I would rehome the rats if he stopped smoking. The went to his best man, who we gradually lost contact with but then I heard one had a massive tumour and he hadn't taken it to the vets and it had popped killing the rat. Then I found out my husband had secretly started smoking again, so I got the other rat back. Then we split up a year later, after Thelma had also died, and I kept the dog too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Very cute. (Those little pink ears!) out of the question for me of course with a 'rat catcher' breed of dog! (Even tho I think her rat catching gene is slightly lacking!)
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Very cute. (Those little pink ears!) out of the question for me of course with a 'rat catcher' breed of dog! (Even tho I think her rat catching gene is slightly lacking!)
Bandit is a rat catcher but will lay there with my hamster climbing all over him Sometimes they can surprise you!

Cute rats Florence. I have enough wild ones running around round here to need tame ones
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Well.. I can't trust Ella with them. She shows just slightly too much intense interest in them. But she's now realised she'll be put outside if she comes too close when I take them out so she sits in her bed not looking at me. And when I put them back she comes over like saying: 'it's my turn now, yes?' lol
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Bandit is a rat catcher but will lay there with my hamster climbing all over him Sometimes they can surprise you!

Cute rats Florence. I have enough wild ones running around round here to need tame ones
Plenty of natures rats running around here too - both 4 legged and 2 legged varieties!

Now I come to think of it my old GSD treated our pet rabbit like it was her PUP! Washing it and worrying about it yet it looked exactly the same as all the rabbits over the road on the fields that she seemed determined to catch and eat (never ever did manage to) they do seem to know who and what are members of the family don't they?
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh what sweet creatures

hahaha love how Spyro likes to sleep
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Plenty of natures rats running around here too - both 4 legged and 2 legged varieties!

Now I come to think of it my old GSD treated our pet rabbit like it was her PUP! Washing it and worrying about it yet it looked exactly the same as all the rabbits over the road on the fields that she seemed determined to catch and eat (never ever did manage to) they do seem to know who and what are members of the family don't they?
I think they do. I can't even say it's because he only sees the hamster inside while the rats are outside as I have set him on one that got in my hallway cupboard once (hole now blocked).

I did threaten him with banishment the first time he met the hamster though. I like to think he understood that.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >