Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Is it too much to ask?

All I want is a decent photograph of Pereg, preferable sitting and not in her usual flonked position, and with her eyes actually open for a change - so that I can have a "Welcome to Dogsey" picture of her.

I think my camera is fairly reasonable, even if I am lousy at taking photographs, but why oh why does that dawg of mine refuse to cooperate as soon as she sees it? I took some photographs of her this morning as a friend wanted to see them, emailed them and got the response "Does Pereg do nothing else but sleep? I am still waiting for a picture that shows the dog who always interrupts our phone calls."

Is it really too much to ask of her to please just sit and look alert for a change?

[I still love her though ]
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 06:23 PM
you have to turn in to a ninja photographer like me. Phoebe barks at the camera i have to be quick or sneaky to get a photo or i just get one of the inside of her mouth or her looking like a crazed aggressive dog
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Most of the photo's I take of Rosie just show a complete blur. the camera always brings out the zoomies
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 06:40 PM
LOL, most of the pics I have of Ranger have red eye, no matter what setting I have on the camera, I just seem to have a knack for it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

15-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I tried to take a decent photograph of Pereg this morning - as soon as she saw the camera she was up on the couch and flonked down.

Told her to get down, and she got down. Went to take a photograph and she was up on the couch again!

OK Pereg, stay on the couch but please sit up.

No no mommy, I am tired.

OK then Pereg, just lift your head up and open your eyes.

No no mommy, I am too tired.

Eleven photographs later

I gave up!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Oh dear, I have trouble with Jake, only with him, he is always moving (even if he was stock still as I went to take the shot!)

Simon poses. Not sure why, as he can have no concept of what a camera is, but he hears the lens come out even if he is upstairs in bed, and rushes up, sits, and slightly tilts his chin to one side. I have had to start using my phone to take pictures that (for some odd reason!) I don't need Simon in the forefront for! Maybe he could give Pereg some tips
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I have the opposite problem.

Because I used to use treats to get Marius and Lola's attention when they were pups (to look at the lens for a good shot) - now whenever I get the camera out to capture them doing something cute like playing, as soon as the devils hear the camera getting switched on they literally stand their posing for the shot - I kid you not!

The only time I manage is if I go outside or upstairs and switch it on, then sneak back in so they don't hear the bleep!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I tried to take a decent photograph of Pereg this morning - as soon as she saw the camera she was up on the couch and flonked down.

Told her to get down, and she got down. Went to take a photograph and she was up on the couch again!

OK Pereg, stay on the couch but please sit up.

No no mommy, I am tired.

OK then Pereg, just lift your head up and open your eyes.

No no mommy, I am too tired.

Eleven photographs later

I gave up!
Eleven - is that all? Lightweight! *shakes head*

You usually have to take about 100 rubbish shots for every one perfect one. And that includes the times when my friend used to stack her dogs for a show shot and I was in charge of the camera. The moment they hear the click of the shutter, in the split second they have they shut their eyes, pull their ears in weird directions, start panting, shake their heads, turn away, you name it.

Incredibly frustrating thing to do. Anybody who is a professional dog photographer must be a masochist with the patience of several saints.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Can you try getting a photo of her outside or have her most favriot thing in your hand. Go on malka you can do it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
Eleven - is that all? Lightweight! *shakes head*

You usually have to take about 100 rubbish shots for every one perfect one. And that includes the times when my friend used to stack her dogs for a show shot and I was in charge of the camera. The moment they hear the click of the shutter, in the split second they have they shut their eyes, pull their ears in weird directions, start panting, shake their heads, turn away, you name it.

Incredibly frustrating thing to do. Anybody who is a professional dog photographer must be a masochist with the patience of several saints.
Having wasted roll after roll of film trying to get decent photographs of my two children together, never knowing how they would turn out until I had had the films developed and printed - and still never getting one of the two of them both looking good at the same time, I would have thought that photos of just one dog should be easy.

Maybe eleven shots are not much but Pereg just will not pose. If she is actually standing or sitting at the time she will either come towards me or she will flonk down - or turn her head away. As for keeping her eyes open...

Having to take my specs off to look through the view finder to see where I am pointing the camera does not help much either! [That is my excuse for being a lousy photographer! ]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >