Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine askham
New Member!
Female 

08-10-2011, 06:18 PM

CECS in border terriers

does anybody kno anything on this subject any feed back would be greatly appreciated
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lorraine askham View Post
does anybody kno anything on this subject any feed back would be greatly appreciated
What do you want to know?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2011, 08:11 PM
my bt has this,i have just changed her food to wfcol salmon and pot and have not given her any diazapan for 3 days touch wood shes doing well!! (as per a post on here !)so thanks to you all early days but looking good
Lorraine askham
New Member!
Female 

09-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
my bt has this,i have just changed her food to wfcol salmon and pot and have not given her any diazapan for 3 days touch wood shes doing well!! (as per a post on here !)so thanks to you all early days but looking good
basically my 7 year old border terrier bitch started having the odd fit once a year from the age of 4 it only seem to happen when she was due to come into season this year she hasnt had a season at all and in the past month she has had 3 fits first she starts shaking her eyes look like they are bulging and if she tries to move she looks like she is very drunk i sit and comfort her till its over it lasts a good 10 minutes then she has a rest and she ok the vet said he didnt think it was epilepsy as it wasnt frequent enough and i was looking at a site about cecs and was wondering if it could be this
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 12:58 PM
You MUST remember there is NO definitive diagnosis for CECS, in ANY breed or type of dog, it can affect any.

There are many problems that can cause similar symptoms and its extremely important you get other things eliminated. With an unspayed bitch and the increase of what could be other things relating to it, especially increasing when not coming in season, I would have all other avenues exhausted before I "diagnose" anything!
Lorraine askham
New Member!
Female 

09-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You MUST remember there is NO definitive diagnosis for CECS, in ANY breed or type of dog, it can affect any.

There are many problems that can cause similar symptoms and its extremely important you get other things eliminated. With an unspayed bitch and the increase of what could be other things relating to it, especially increasing when not coming in season, I would have all other avenues exhausted before I "diagnose" anything!
thanks very much she is going back to the vets tomorrow will see what they say
Lorraine askham
New Member!
Female 

09-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
how was your dog diagnosed as i thought there was no certain diagnosis for this i have tried changing food but wat is wfcol
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2011, 02:51 PM
there isnt i made the diagnosis looking on the net then got the vet to do gher job and look it up! she started at 1 again was in tune with her season so had her spayed but they got worse she was having them up to 6 times a day,i think the room spins for her as well as when she comes out of it shes usually sick then back to normal. shes been on diazapan for months now which has helped but dont like her on it so read a post on here and put her on wafcol food salm and pot she had an episode when i changed it over but since then nothing and ive stopped her diazapan as well. shes seeing vet nxt month for her jab but cos i told them about cecs they now all know about it and have had a few more cases in
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lorraine askham View Post
how was your dog diagnosed as i thought there was no certain diagnosis for this i have tried changing food but wat is wfcol
CECS in dogs is thought yo be food related. Its worth trying a totally grain free diet such as the one Angie suggested which you can find here:

http://www.wafcol.co.uk/wafcol-adult-dog-food-range.php
The first one salmon and potato, contains no cereal.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >