View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Spectacular! Looks to be the perfect place but are there any drawbacks to living there?
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-10-2016, 02:02 AM
Thanks everyone! It's a happy-happy, awesome life I get to live, (and love living), out here in the ultimate (and spectacularly gorgeous) middle of nowhere!

Originally Posted by twix View Post
Spectacular! Looks to be the perfect place but are there any drawbacks to living there?
It is darn near perfect indeed! About the only drawback is the winter. (The last 3, anyways.) If it was just a wee bit cooler, and a wee bit snowier, then I'd get to use my skis and snowshoes more. (Be careful what ya wish for, Cory!) lol!
As it is, the last 3 winters were an inch to 3+ inches of rain a day, (every day) with a couple handfuls of 4 to 6 inch rainfall days, (and maybe a half dozen actual clear days; plus one major snow day each winter.) Of course, I don't have to shovel rain, but it does get tiresome after week after week of soggy paths, and being cooped up inside. (Thank goodness for satellite internet!)

Bud hates the rain too. At least I can keep busy doing random busy-work, but he gets a bit of cabin fever with all the endless rain. He's the happiest doggy in the world when the snow does fall, though. The last couple winters were pretty much carbon-copies of each other, where I got a good snow dump of about 3 feet over ~24 hours near the end of both Decembers. (Which promptly melted away with a few days of heavy rains.) But, he did get to enjoy his favorite thing for a little while... Snow!

That vid was from our first winter here together. My very first winter here (before I got Bud) was a doozie for snow though. By the end of November, the snow was nearly up to my armpits, and stayed that way until nearly May! (Snowed an inch or two or three, every day, all winter!)

This is what I'd like to see this year, just enough snow for skiing and snowshoeing. (From December, to February only though, please!) lol!

Righty then, thanks again! And I'll try not to be a stranger so much!

Cheers!

Cory
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Oh wow my favourite Bears. I absolutely adore them. Lovely lovely pics of everything. If that is your house it strangely looks similar to the pics my daughter sends to me when she has snow in the US. Have a great time if and when it snows. Fantastic. Can I take a copy of your bear pics?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Cory ... your life looks absolutely idyllic and exactly what I would choose - given the choice! I adore snow, living in the middle of nowhere, gathering wood for the fire, living off the land as much as possible - I am a passionate mushroomer! - and would simply be in 7th heaven!! When I retire in 2 years all I want to do is to live in the middle of nowhere, which is very hard in this country as we are so over-crowded, and offer luxury self-catering accommodation to folks as mad as myself and their gorgeous dogs!
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2016, 12:24 PM
What a beautiful place Canada is , amazing photos and Ive really enjoyed looking at them
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2016, 12:45 PM
What fantastic photos, thank you!! Bud, who is looking fab, is certainly living the life with you and one cannot help but smile watching that video of him in the snow. That bear is huge!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Amazing photos Cory. I think you have made us all very jealous.
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Thanx again, all!

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Oh wow my favourite Bears. I absolutely adore them. Lovely lovely pics of everything. If that is your house it strangely looks similar to the pics my daughter sends to me when she has snow in the US. Have a great time if and when it snows. Fantastic. Can I take a copy of your bear pics?
Yup! You can grab a copy of any pic you like. And yup too, that's my cabin, (Before I renovated it and moved into it.) Pic was either from the winter of 2010 / 2011, or 2013 / 2014.

Cheers!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Thanks Cory. Not sure how to get the pics but will ask my daughter how to. I am sure she will know. Cheers.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Wow wow and wow again. What awesome photos ~ thanks for sharing them with us. Your little bit of Canada certainly looks just my kind of place. I live in what many people consider the middle of nowhere here in Scotland, but I am guessing that your middle of nowhere is on a much bigger scale than mine How close are your nearest neighbours, shops etc?

Bud is gorgeous and your wildlife is amazing too - although I am so used to not worrying about apex predators that I am not sure I could get used to that when hiking out with the dogs

A friend of mine, and author of my favourite books, spent some time along the coastline in British Columbia. He wrote Alone in the Wilderness about his time there.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >