Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-07-2014, 07:34 AM

That... Was AWESOME!

Hiya all! Been too long; been really busy. Aside from taking care of visitors, I been renovating the second small cabin here at Butedale. Renovating so I could move in and have the best view in "town."

The new view from my porch and front windows.

And yesterday, I had another new view, out of the blue.

It was paddlers from the Tribal Canoe Journeys 2014 Qatuwas Festival

It is a festival held in the First Nation's village of Bella Bella here in BC, Canada. Paddlers from First Nation's villages to the North and South of Bella Bella, stop at villages along the way, and are joined by paddlers and canoes from those villages.
Here's a little snippet from a BC info website. "Following traditional protocol the Heiltsuk sent canoes to invite both the North and South coastal First Nations once again to Bella Bella for the Qatuwas "People gathering together"- Festival. We expect over 100 canoes with over 1,000 pullers and about 5,000 visitors to join us for this important event.
Heiltsuk Nation Community of Bella Bella is hosting the annual Canoe Journey 2014, which began in 1989 to coincide with the Washington State Centennial.

Canoes will travel to Bella Bella from the North of Bella Bella and from the south. Thousands of people are expected to attend.
"

I had the pleasure to be able to host 120 of the First Nation's paddlers and support crews. It was a little hectic at times, but it was also absolutely amazing too!

This morning I was honored to be able to attend and video the morning Circle.

Here's one of the half dozen canoes and crews that were such wonderful guests, and whom I was delighted to have had the opportunity to meet.

Their time here is now officially my favorite memory of my time here at Butedale so far! The people were so awesome, bar none, I can't do justice or properly describe, but to say;Amazing folks!

Anyhoo, it's been a while since updates, but I've been a busy guy. (Not that i'm mindin' mind you!) I'd love to have another day like that, almost any day.

Righty then, just thought I'd update ya's all!

Cheers!

Cory
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Fab photos as always Your views from your new abode are stunning.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Wow what terrific views. Absolutely amazing!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Cory - if there was a more descriptive word than just "Awesome" - those wonderful pictures would go nowhere near to describe things.

Thank you so very much for sharing your life with us.
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Cory - if there was a more descriptive word than just "Awesome" - those wonderful pictures would go nowhere near to describe things.

Thank you so very much for sharing your life with us.
Thank you, all of you, for allowing me to share my life with you! It's truly a pleasure!

Here's a few more of the canoes and crews that visited.

Of course Bud had to be in some of the shots!

Anyhoo, it's been an amazing few weeks with 3 flotillas from the Waggoner Cruising Guide stopping in, with other random visitors, taking folks to the lake, and now, to top it all off; a (hopefully more than) once in a lifetime experience with the paddlers on their way to the festival.

Righty then, I'll have to get some piccies of the inside of my new cabin shortly, (once I attack the windows with water and vinegar of course!)

And I'll chat at ya's later.

Cheers!