Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Thank you!
Glad to hear it is normal. I think I was just shocked that it even happened. I don't want people to think it was my dog either.
It'd all gone so well up til that point.
Tomorrow is a new day I guess!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by cclpegs View Post
Thank you!
Glad to hear it is normal. I think I was just shocked that it even happened. I don't want people to think it was my dog either.
It'd all gone so well up til that point.
Tomorrow is a new day I guess!
It is, try not to worry about it. I would practise getting his attention with really tasty treats, and watch his body language with other dogs too. It may well happen again in the future and you might start to notice types of dogs he would prefer not to meet...or types of body language from other dogs as they approach that he doesn't like.
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Will watch closely next time. Thank you
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by cclpegs View Post
So just walked my dog... Was fine, sniffed at every dog to say hello... As we walked out a man with two spaniels came past sniffing ensued... This spaniel growled and snapped really nastily at homer. So homer barked quite nastily back... This worried me. He was absolutely fine with every other dog! Would you say this was normal? X
I hope Homer is ok and it doesnt put him off ebing friendly with others.

Funnily enough my barney is a spaniel and he has been snapping at other dogs when he is sniffing them. We say to people we would prefer if they didnt let their dog get close to ours because he has snapped previously. We have had a couple of people when we have said this that they still insist on letting their dog come up to him and the inevitable happens.

A tell tale sign that barney is going to snap is when he puts his chin on the other dogs back to try and dominate it
cclpegs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2013, 03:35 PM
See in that situation I'd have walked on by. Oh well. I have to try to not let it bother me and affect how I am in future x
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-08-2013, 05:25 PM
yes, and it may not be helpful for your dog to assume all others are friendly
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2