tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
More the bones chokeing on the dog
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Bones do worry me a bit. I used to give them to my GSD but always large ones that would never fit in her mouth.
I stopped buying bones altogether when I took on my daughters food aggressive Westie 5 years ago as she would guard such food with her life.

She much better now after lots of training but after reading "100 silliest things people say about dogs" I was put off feeding any raw food and now I even cook the chicken that I give my dogs as a treat.

This isn't to say, I'm right and others are wrong. I have much respect for Tawneywolf and the care she gives her dogs, It's just a personal choice I've made.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
More the bones chokeing on the dog

Or, in this case, more Pat choking on her drinkie after reading TW's comment!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Bones do worry me a bit. I used to give them to my GSD but always large ones that would never fit in her mouth.
I stopped buying bones altogether when I took on my daughters food aggressive Westie 5 years ago as she would guard such food with her life.

She much better now after lots of training but after reading "100 silliest things people say about dogs" I was put off feeding any raw food and now I even cook the chicken that I give my dogs as a treat.

This isn't to say, I'm right and others are wrong. I have much respect for Tawneywolf and the care she gives her dogs, It's just a personal choice I've made.
I believe that's what it should be about - personal choice by individual dog owners for what they believe or has shown to be best for THEIR dogs. It's never 'one size fits all' and every dog I've had has been totally different from the others.

The only animals I saw being fed raw stuff 40 years and more ago were caged animals in the zoo! How times change.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2