Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi I just wish people would be more tolerant,the two groups involved both want the same thing a chance to go some where beautiful and enjoy their pursuits,whether it be dog walking or fishing,but probably due to a few who either dont like dogs or fishing and trying to claim the beauty spot as there own,a lot of ruffled feathers and you end up with a war,which in the end the beauty spot,will become a no go area only for walkers and tourists,and no money to put back,the beauty spot will become a barren area.Great result just because a few people cannot give each other respect for their chosen activities.Gemini54
Didn't really understand the first post (like who reported, how they knew whose dog etc and how OP knew which car to target) but understand this post even less.

Why will a beauty spot become 'barren' if people can't walk their dogs there? And if you value that beauty spot you will do all in your power to keep it clean - I litter and rubbish pick at the salt lake every time I go there - I take bags for the purpose - but then I've no idea where to deliver it back to the morons who dumped it and wouldn't dream of doing so anyway. My whole purpose in doing the picking is to keep the place nice. I also pick up other people's dog poo (not happily I might add) if it is right outside my block or anywhere we walk when right outside - twofold reason - one I don't want to step in it and two I don't want dog haters given any more ammo or fuel for ranting about dogs.

Oh and if dog bins are full (or as in most places here non existent) the answer is to simply 'take it home' with you.
JoJoY
New Member!
Female 

03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry you got a note, especially as you weren't in the wrong!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Then you would be fuelling the argument given by those who wish dog walkers to be banned from public parks......a very sensible thing to do ...
Hi I did not start this argument,the title of my thread was the walk turned to Anger and if you read all of it,we were going to take the dog poo home,but we were accused of not picking up,and my OH was angry,because we are always diligent,and what really annoyed him,there were no facilities,and there was dog poo strewn all over the place,I will admit that two wrongs do not make a right,and I asked him just to leave it,his answer was,we have been accused of not picking up which could turn into us being fined,so how do you prove that you have picked up by leaving the evidence and the note together near the front wheel.Gemini54
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-08-2013, 08:30 PM
If you were the owner of one of the only two cars in the car park would you go sticking a note on the other car accusing them of things they have not done?
I wouldn't, so I think there's a good chance you got the wrong person but in any case,
to leave your dogs poo behind is irresponsible, childish and illegal, and was never going to improve the situation was it?
Plus I just can't make any logical sense of the story
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
If you were the owner of one of the only two cars in the car park would you go sticking a note on the other car accusing them of things they have not done?
I wouldn't, so I think there's a good chance you got the wrong person but in any case,
to leave your dogs poo behind is irresponsible, childish and illegal, and was never going to improve the situation was it?
Plus I just can't make any logical sense of the story
Hear hear to all of that and I too struggle to make sense of it. But having now read Gemini say that this place is 'covered in dog poo' I am not surprised that some lovers of the countryside get a tad cheesed off with dog owners. What they've done certainly won't help improve anything on that front.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi I did not start this argument,the title of my thread was the walk turned to Anger and if you read all of it,we were going to take the dog poo home,but we were accused of not picking up,and my OH was angry,because we are always diligent,and what really annoyed him,there were no facilities,and there was dog poo strewn all over the place,I will admit that two wrongs do not make a right,and I asked him just to leave it,his answer was,we have been accused of not picking up which could turn into us being fined,so how do you prove that you have picked up by leaving the evidence and the note together near the front wheel.Gemini54
I have read all of it....you were going to take your dog poo home, but you did not, you left it behind because you decided the only other car there put a note on your windscreen.

You complain about others leaving mess around, you complain that other walkers don't like dog walker, you complain the poo bin was full.....everyone else is to bame, yet you were the people who left dog mess for someone else to clean up, then you come here stating.....YOU are angry!!!!!!! Beggars belief.

P.s....if the bins are full or non existent , take the poo home with you.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 09:16 PM
I too have read the whole story and the crux of the matter is:
You left your dogs' poo in front of the only other car in the car park, because you assumed it was its owner who left a note on your windscreen. And then you expect our sympathy/empathy.

You should have proved that you pick up by NOT leaving your dogs' poo there.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3