View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
My two eat in the kitchen, next to each other, unsupervised.

Murphy is a fast eater, Max is a slow eater, but they wouldn't ever nose in each others bowls when the other is eating. Of course, as soon as they have both finished, they check each others bowls out, just in case!

I feed kongs and pigs ears etc together as well. They often 'swap' each other's treats though; and occasionally Max won't eat his and will save it until I get home from work, with Murphy looking on covetously as he scranned his the first 5 minutes after I'd left!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I have always fed my dogs in the same room but each in their own 'space'. I thought I was going to have problems with Jack as he would wolf his down and then try and push in on Gem, who usually let him. Then I gave Jack a 'slow eater' bowl and the others all finish before he does!
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2012, 03:58 PM
When i had Max and Jeager, i would put Max's bowl to the right of me, and Jeagers to the left of me. Max would always eat the fastest. Then he would look to get to Jeagers. Jeager would just lift his head away, then go round to Max's empty bowl, just to see. Then Max would go straight back to his empty bowl again. Jeager would move again. So i would just stand in the middle and say "Ahh!"
Then Max would just stay on his side. There was never any growls. But Max would have eaten the both bowls, if i hadn't been between them! (Lovely though. Both of them!)
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I feed 2 in the kitchen and one in the living room.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Mine get fed in the garden, they each have their own little spot they like to go to and they dont bother each other at all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Always fed all my dogs together when I had more than one, never had a problem. You have to do what suits you don't you, and if you have to feed separately to stop any arguments or one encroaching on the other one's bowl, then keep them separate I'd say.

Bones were always eaten together too, and they always swapped them around quite amicably.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I feed all mine in the same room, but Keiko the Malamute eats in her crate as she is food aggressive with the other dogs, which is normal for her breed. Womble eats in her puppy pen as she hasn't got the hang of manners yet. Rio and Dan eat together, although Dan eats much faster than Rio he wouldn't dare steal from her! Rogue eats a bit further away on her own.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Mine are free fed.

All of the bowls are in the kitchen and each has their own. They never attempt to eat out of each others bowls even if I put something yummy in with the kibble.

I've fed this way for as long as I can remember and never had any problems even when a new addition comes along
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Ours eat bones in their kennels in the mornings. They are all separated as they consider them of high value and some take a while to eat. It is a recreational activity and I don't like the idea of them bolting them down so they can eat them at their leisure.

In the evenings, they eat meat etc out of their bowls. Polo is crated and Lady and Tara eat opposite ends of the same room.

With Holly, the new pup, she eats in the kitchen with Maisie, supervised currently. I have watched Holly start to go to Maisie's bowl and decided against when Maisie gave her 'the look,' so I'm hoping she will continue to respect her space when eating.

Boarders are always fed in a separate room from any other dog.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Mine share a raised feeder, 2 bowls right next to each other, they both have their own 'sides', when they've finished they wait for the other to finish then swap over and lick each others' bowls out, I'm lucky, never had an issue with them around food
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >