Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Keiko had a scrap:(

Finished work tonight and decided to take Keiko out with the bike. We use a springer attachment and harness which works great. Took her up to the promenade and we were having a nice leisurely ride. I saw someone up ahead with a Lhasa Apso so I went very wide, as far as the pavement would allow which was about 20 feet. As we passed the owner shouted to her dog and made a dive for him but missed and the Lhasa ran up behind Keiko yapping at her. She spun in her harness so I stopped the bike and the owner caught the dog and put him on a lead. She then apologised, saying that he had a problem with big dogs. The harness was twisted so I was untangling it and getting ready to set off again when the woman did the weirdest thing. She let her dog off the lead and said to him 'go and say sorry'. So he ran straight up to Keiko's face and she immediately flattened him, standing over him, growling and snarling. The dog and owner were both screaming - I pulled Keiko up by her collar and the dog ran back to his owner. Luckily she hadn't bitten him - just pinned him. I made sure dog and owner were ok and the woman said to me 'don't worry -it's as much my fault as yours'. Mental! Took poor Keiko a few minutes to calm down. I was so disappointed, we've been working so hard on her reactivity and she ignores other dogs generally, but this is another step back for us I feel.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Poor you and Keiko.

How thick can some people be? I really do despair.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Poor you and Keiko.

So do I. Keiko obviously didn't accept his apology.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
What a stupid and thoughtless thing to do......

I guess it could have been so much worse but honestly!!

I hope it won't 'put Keiko back' at all. Not that long after we got Whisper and were trying to work on her nervousness with other dogs a BC had a real go at her the owner saying 'she's friendly' whilst I knew she 'bloomin well wasn't!! Whisper was fine (although I was furious!) but it took a while after that incident for her to regain the ground we'd lost.

Hopefully the woman won't be so silly next time!!

**Hugs to you** xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh what a stupid woman hopefully there wont be any setbacks because of her crazyness
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:42 PM
People are rather thick aren't they?
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Dear me, did this woman actually expect her dog to 'apologise' to yours?
You must be feeling gutted this happened but you and Keiko were entirely blameless by the sound of it.
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:52 PM
firstly you are doing so flipping well with her I applaud you, and second the dog can't help having more brain cells than his idiotic stupid owner!!!!!!
No wonder so many dogs have problems when their owners don't have any idea how their minds work!!!!!
Rant over. I know how hard you work and she is so much better than she was
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 08:10 PM
What an idiot of a woman
Auntie Noobs says Keiko is not to blame - I bet that ruined a nice relaxing ride for you though
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
People are rather thick aren't they?
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Dear me, did this woman actually expect her dog to 'apologise' to yours?
Originally Posted by mac82 View Post
the dog can't help having more brain cells than his idiotic stupid owner!!!!!!
No wonder so many dogs have problems when their owners don't have any idea how their minds work!!!!!
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
What an idiot of a woman
Keiko is not to blame
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Oh what a stupid woman hopefully there wont be any setbacks because of her crazyness
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
What a stupid and thoughtless thing to do......

Hopefully the woman won't be so silly next time!!

**Hugs to you** xx
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Poor you and Keiko.

Basically everything that I think. My favourite word recently on here seems to be moron, and I think that fits perfectly!
I feel like giving up on the human race, starting to feel that way about dogs and their training. Sometimes just feels so pointless.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >