View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh that's such a shame. I really feel for you both.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Is Lola aware of your, aware of her surroundings, during these episodes? And how is she after she comes out of them?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Is Lola aware of your, aware of her surroundings, during these episodes? And how is she after she comes out of them?
Yes you can see she is aware and fully conscious.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes you can see she is aware and fully conscious.
That is what I thought it looked like, in which case it must be so distressing for her. I just was not sure though, which is why I asked. Thank you for clarifying it for me.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
That is what I thought it looked like, in which case it must be so distressing for her. I just was not sure though, which is why I asked. Thank you for clarifying it for me.
Not a problem. CECS is becoming more recognised in many breeds/types now as a different problem to epilepsy and rightly so. Lola is not as "typical" as many I have seen, but they have been Labs, Pointer and crossbreeds. It may be that it affects different breeds in a different manner.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 02:43 PM
lol was spaeyed when she started having hese episodes aged 1 didnt help.
now at end of tether have just bought some james wellbeloved gluten free (no rice etc as well) and spoke to a girl in the shop and went thru it with her as wasgoing to buy burns but she went onto explain that even tho it was gluten free there are cerals in there as well so she came up with th 1 james wellbeloved ive not used before so fingers crossed
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Is that the veg one? In the shiny green bags?

Hope, whatever it is, it helps her.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2011, 08:58 AM
yes dawn ocean fish and vegtables ,looking good fingers crossed shes had 3 bowls so far and usually when i change her food she has an episode but hasnt had one yet! im not expecting miracles if we can cut down to at least once a week instead of nearly every day thatll be a big help for her as shes ben so lethargic lately its taken so much out of her she not had much of a life over the last few months
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
yes dawn ocean fish and vegtables ,looking good fingers crossed shes had 3 bowls so far and usually when i change her food she has an episode but hasnt had one yet! im not expecting miracles if we can cut down to at least once a week instead of nearly every day thatll be a big help for her as shes ben so lethargic lately its taken so much out of her she not had much of a life over the last few months
Sounds promising. Keep us informed.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2011, 11:40 AM
ARRRRRRGHHHH i should learn to keep my mouth shut! took them all out to the forest this morning parked up got her out of the car she was excited but looked and she was shaking! got the others out and she was barking as usual at them but having an episode! managed to get them into the enclousre let the other 3 off for a run and had to say i was peeing myself laughing at her she was on a long lead and trying to run and have this cramping fit at the same time looked so funny! the others went off and she then lay sprawled out shaking still barking at them! but didnt last too long went for a short walk with her and got them all home.
about an hour later was washing the car and she decided to come out along with ace couldnt find her she was under the car having another one!
going to keep with this food cant kepp changing and the episodes dont seem to be as violent as her usual ones or last as long but does take alot out of her
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >