Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 11:51 AM
So sorry to hear this - our thoughts will be with you. x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Thank you everyone for your messages of condolences, pms, prayers and thoughts.

We've been finding it very tough, cried non-stop for the first few days, only yesterday was a little easier. I didn't want to speak to or see anyone, but I gave in yesterday and let my sister come up as she and my parents have been texting me everyday getting more and more worried.

It's been hard getting his last day out of my head, with hindsight, if only we could have saved him from that last fit and insisted the vet come out that day, or registered with another vet who might have been able to come out without 24hrs notice.

At least he didn't suffer like my Aunt did, who passed away last week - and had been in hospital on morphine in great pain for over a month - I actually didn't even cry when she died, I was sad but didn't cry. I just thought I had become hardened to it all after losing my brother so many years ago - but when Rocky went, that notion went out the window!! It hurts real bad.

I do feel a bit better today tho so please don't worry. I can actually think of the good times now and smile. All the lovely walks we went on, all the games he played with his friends all the little things that made his tail wag. He was loved very much and I think he knew that - we weren't the perfect owners, sometimes being a bit too over-protective or worrying needlessly but I think we did so with his best interest at heart.

I'm such a silly sausage, I got the nurse to clip some of his hair and put it in a tube for me - only to discover that hair clippings are no good for cloning not that we could have afforded mind you, at $150,000! He was just such a lovely sweet loving dog I would do anything to turn time and space on its head and get him back.

In the last few months I was becoming more sure and sure that I would never get another dog - it's too much heartache, but yesterday I looked at Presa breeders websites to see if they had any pups 'just like Rocky' - not for looks, but his personality and expressions - of course there weren't any. I guess you go through this when you long to get back what you've lost.

Anyway I'm blabbing on now, but it helps talking. Thank you all for listening and for being there. (Sorry I've not got round to replying to all your PMs but they've all been read and appreciated.)

xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Azz You blabber as much as you want. When I lost Mo, what helped me more than anything were the wonderful Dogsey friends who afforded me the time to listen to me blabber!
Please don't think about what might have been. You did all you could and more besides. Most importantly you gave Rocky love and everything else a dog could ever need.
One day a dog will come along to steal you heart just like Rocky did.
In the mean time you can share all of ours
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Have to agree with Nippy here...... Dogsey mates are what get me through the darkest hours.....

x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Hear hear. Dogsey friends are the only ones who really understand how we feel.

(((Hugs))).
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 10:01 PM
So many good times, Azz, so much fun and love. Rocky was your friend, you will never forget him. Just take your time. Your Dogsey friends are all here for you.
xxxxxxx

I'm so glad to find you are okay.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 01:07 AM
thinking of you azz x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:37 AM
It's only natural to beat ourselves up with guilt at what we might have done different, but, more often than not, faced with the same situation we would do just the same because we do what feels right at the time. If only we had a crystal ball, our decisions would be so much easier, but we would still find something to beat ourselves up about because it's all part and parcel of the grieving process.

My heart goes out to you and yours. Give yourself some time and things will start to look brighter. Remember, Rocky has left, but his spirit and love remains locked in your hearts and will stay there forever.

Rocky was one in a million, but, given time that next million will come and you will find THE one in that million too xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Thinking of you from here xxxx sending ((((Hugs)))) xxx

Since loosing Reah I have made a promise to myself that there will be no more dogs here, as these leave no others will come.

Im getting near 60 and figured Im getting far to old to outlive a BC plus when she went my heart shattered and my world seems a darker place ATM.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Oh Azz :*( this is the first time I've seen this thread... I am simply heartbroken for you... I just... I don't know what to say. I sent you a PM on Yop when Phil told me what had happened - but I wanted to say here that Karl and I are thinking of you... ((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))

xx
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >