View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine askham
New Member!
Female 

09-10-2011, 05:52 PM
thanks a lot for advise and help i will get some of this wafcol food for her will let u know what vet says i will give it all 3 dogs as it seems to have everything in for coats joints etc much appreciated
Tiny Paws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2011, 10:11 PM
My border has this too - well, not officially diagnosed as previously said, it can't be. But she started having fits, very infrequently but they were still scary for us and her.
After a lot of research, we discovered "spikes syndrome" or CECS, and she fitted the description exactly.
Beau doesn't suffer very badly, thank god. Each fit lasts about 3-5 mins and she is only disorianted for about 15 mins after. Sometimes, she can go 3-4 months without an episode.
I have changed her food to fish and rice or chicken and rice, no protein or fatty treats and so far so good (5 months fit free).
I have read that there is no cure for it, but diet can make a huge difference, which has for our little girl.
Good luck with your BT, and I hope the advice on this thread helps.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2011, 06:07 AM
lola has bad episodes when she gets hold of pasta or bread! i dont give it to her but chuck it to my hens which have their own run but noticed she was getting in there to eat it with the hens lol so stopped doing that. i hopeit hellps your bt not nice to watch
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:34 AM
well no change really shes had 3 episodes in 3 days! so its not the food that makes her have one!!
Tiny Paws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Oh bless you - I am sorry. I know how distressing watching these seizures is. Wish we could help more
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
well no change really shes had 3 episodes in 3 days! so its not the food that makes her have one!!
Could you get a video of her doing it?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2011, 05:40 PM
my phone only does a few seconds and tbh i need to comfort her when shes havinbg one as one minute shes arching her back then shes on her side sometimes can be quite violent ill see if the kids can do it but their not always here when she has one
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:02 AM
will be changing back to her old food now shes had so many episodes on this food
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:15 AM
What food does she have Angie?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2011, 04:33 PM
i put her on wafcol pot and salmon was told it helped buit shes been on it 2 months nmow and instead of having episodes every3 weeks shes having 5 a week! she was on burgess sensative lamb for a long time and was ok thought this food wouldve been ok no grains ec but obv not
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >