Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 08:46 PM

Dr roger mugford disgraced

Did anyone see the insight programme just over on utv northern ireland, dr roger mugford defending pit bulls as being lab x boxers i wonder what you all think?He was recorded saying if it was in england he would be a pitbull but as its here its a cross boxer, lab to get the dog off,when in fact the uspca had the prime top fighting pitbull to be examined by mugford to prove what he was saying was wrong.
No better wonder boxers are getting a bad name, when so called experts are saying that pitbull types are boxer crosses.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I didn't see it, but to be honest, after his creation of The Pet Corrector Spray and his description that it's suitable for behaviours like jumping up, teaching loose lead walking and other such behaviours, I don't think much to him anyway.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I didn't see that, but there are many fighting gangs who when questioned with Pitts, are saying they are Boxers X Labs, as that particular cross often looks very much like a Pitt.

I didn't understand your post very well, must be having a brain fart moment !
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I didn't see that, but there are many fighting gangs who when questioned with Pitts, are saying they are Boxers X Labs, as that particular cross often looks very much like a Pitt.

I didn't understand your post very well, must be having a brain fart moment !
mugford was on insight as a expert to defend pit bull types,he was told the dog was a pitbull but he was needed to fight its corner in court so it wasnt put down,so the uspca undercover had him shown the pitbull(was a fighting dog)and then he told them in his opinion it was type but in england they wouldnt get away with it but here they would, also the undercover fella said shall we just say its cross boxer lab,and he said yes i think we should.

Also they had the uspca fella on phillpot, and they were saying the irish staff isnt a staff, its a pitbull, i wish they kept the public more upto date on these matters.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Aah right, I'm with you now.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of his anyway, and I think he places far too much emphasis on looking good for his reputation, than addressing true problems.

I personally think that any dog that is dangerous should be PTS, regardless of breed, but for him to knowingly lie about a fighting Pitt, IMO, surely if they have that on camera and he lied in court, he should be done for Pergery !
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:38 PM
My opinion too,dangerous dogs can come in many shapes and sizes xxzbxx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2007, 12:14 PM
I was torn between this and the cocacola programme on Channel 4. Between trying to watch both and two phone calls to my house I didn't see much of either.

Of what I did see;
I thought it was common knowledge that the so called "Irish Staff" is a name given to pitbulls and pitbull crosses in order to get them across the water to England.

That man is doing noone but the dog fighters favours by passing dogs off as lab x boxers. Sure he even said that the dog he was commenting on had lost alot of weight, was it not his first time seeing the animal??!! Then agreeing that it was best to stick to what was in the pet passport with regards to breed.

It was a programme about the dangerous dogs legislation in Northern Ireland (wasn't it?), which I believe is under review today, but way too much time was spent on what breed of dog is this and that and not enough on what actually consitutes a dangerous dog and targetting irresponsible owners rather than breeds and types of dogs. *SIGH*
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Dr Mugford certainly hasn't done himself any favours. He actually sated that the pit-bull in question (which has all it's papers proving it's breed as well as a falsified pet passport stating that is is Boxer X Lab to get it into Ireland from Finland) was think skinned like a whippet to the cameras. He agreed to stick to the crossbreed stated on the pet passport to the 'owner', supposedly out of earshot of the cameras (the person posing as the owner was wearing a hidden camera & mic).

I found it more interesting that the dog fighter of 30 years experience (identity masked for obvious reasons) categorically stated that the 'Irish Staff' originated from a APBT crossed with a large SBT bitch to produce an extreme fighting dog which would confuse the authorities. Now, round these parts, that has always been pretty much accepted as they're probably more common than pure bres SBTs here but there are those that would have you believe that there is no, and never has been, any APBT in the Irish Staff.
snoops
New Member!
Male 

02-12-2007, 08:42 PM
i still have respect for the guy, after all he's only doing his best for dogs he believes not to be dangerous, it's the law dats flawed
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Don't like him anyway. No didn't see it, but switch him off if he did come on TV, think his ideas are a bit LAH LAH sorry
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »