Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 11:26 AM

Ant Powder

I am being plagued with ants. I tried over the last couple of days just sprinkling a little ant powder round my back door step where they are coming in, but both my dogs as soon as they spotted it made a beeline for it and started licking it up.
I have obviously immeadiatly got them in and swept it up and washed down the area, but now the ants are laughing all the way back into my kitchen.
How harfmul is ant powder to dogs? Any suggestions what else I could use that is safe for the dogs to eat as they are terrible and always eat anything and everything.

Bev
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 11:32 AM
i wouldnt put anything like that down salt or hot water will get rid of the we have a lot in spain in the garden always a problem here
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by madmare
I am being plagued with ants. I tried over the last couple of days just sprinkling a little ant powder round my back door step where they are coming in, but both my dogs as soon as they spotted it made a beeline for it and started licking it up.
I have obviously immeadiatly got them in and swept it up and washed down the area, but now the ants are laughing all the way back into my kitchen.
How harfmul is ant powder to dogs? Any suggestions what else I could use that is safe for the dogs to eat as they are terrible and always eat anything and everything.

Bev
It should tell you if it's harmful to pets
is there any cracks around the area where you can put it or find out where their nest is that they are coming from
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
You can buy 'ant traps', I use them, as my dogs can't get to the stuff inside them, and you can hide them under things etc.

Have a look out for them
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
We get a terrible ant problem here
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
I had the same problem, I bought a special thingy that you plug into a plug socket, it works by emmitting some sort of radiowave thingy throught your wireing drawing any creepy crawlies out & then this ultrasonic sound wave thing attacks their nevious system, it doesn't kill them it just makes your home such an uncomforatble place to be that they leave. It takes about a week to take effect, & is safe to use with cats & dogs around unfortunatly can't be used if you keep mice or hamsters or rats as it effects them as well as all insects such as spiders, ants, cochroaches any pest really.

Its called a "pest-x" and costs about £30 off ebay, best £30 I ever spent.