Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 06:09 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good Morning all Dogsey Peops

My apologies for not being able to mention anyone this morning as I didn't even get a look in here yesterday, and when I did have a bit of time to turn the puter on, I found I had a new booking which now means I only have two weeks free in both of our vans until the end of September, I can't quite believe it myself how I've managed this when people are so strapped for cash atm, but then that's probably the reason why! When you think of the cost of putting the dogs in kennels and jetting off abroad compared to my humble little caravans it makes sense when you're watching the pennies doesn't it.

Anyway, we were up there all day yesterday, along with diving about for more turf, more topsoil, more slabs and more gravel, and Dave's guttering, but eventually we got there, after a lot of hard work, it now looks really fab and we even mowed the lawn to finish it all off. I will take a picture this morning as I want to put new pics of all this hard work onto my website, it looks so much more inviting, and afterall, first impressions really count don't they. I couldn't walk by the evening, but I'm pleased to say, after a good night's sleep I don't hurt at all!

I had to laugh when I went into the garden centre to pay for the turf that Dave was loading into the car. The young 17 yr old on the till asked me if I wanted any help (cos I bought 15 rolls of it), and I told her it was ok cos my husband was doing it now, and THEN, she really ruined my day when she said "oh that's good, cos I always worry when old ladies buy this heavy stuff" Mind you, anyone over 30 is old to them, but talk about a reality check there!!!

Today is change over day at the other van, and I think Dave is going to get the doors fitted in the house cos they're in his way lying on the floor in the garage. He likes me to be out of the way when he's doing his diy in the house, but we did work well as a team together yesterday, we got on great and had a good laugh just like we used to, without any arguments about which way to do this and that

I'm really hoping the guy in the other van comes back today cos I want to evict him, he's already bought his own van and they're tying it in with my eviction, so as soon as he's out, I can get in there and get cracking. I'm also popping into the office, because the other lady I've recommended to them came down for 2 days Thursday so I should know whether she's bought one or not.

Zena has been an absolute star with me popping in and out, but we did give her a really good walk yesterday morning. We couldn't take her up there with us cos mowing, strimming, turfing and Zena is not a good combination

Hope all of you are well, along with the doglets, and I'm afraid once this is up, then that's me doing my disappearing act again for the rest of the day cos I have so much to do.

Enjoy the week-end all of you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Morning Helena glad it was all a success and that you and Dave enjoyed your day together even though it was hard work.
It is good news about the bookings and I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say in the current climate your sort of van holiday is ideal for people.
I am glad you can walk today and are not suffering now from all your hard work.
Pats on the head for Zena for being a star.

I am getting a little worried about Chris (Brierley) we haven't seen her around for a few days so I am hoping she is on her holibobs and that there are not problems with her mum or Gary.

We are popping out today to some garden centres to look at ponds for phase one of the garden change when we get some money. Always good to have a plan but then in my head it comes together and then I get frustrated because it wasn't done yesterday. Hey ho such is life.
The house has been taken off right move and the EA's website when I checked yesterday.
My washing machine is fine this morning just popped the sheets in to wash so I am wondering if I did something wrong but can't imagine what only that maybe I hadn't clicked the door on properly.

I will be popping in and out today.
Have a good Saturday and a safe one.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Good morning everyone,

Same old, same old here. Heavy hard rain and midges!

Don't know if you have heard of the Gathering here in Ireland. A tourism boost. To attract all the Irish descended folk from abroad.

This week is the village's Gathering,, they are trying for a Guinness Book of Records for O'Sullivans.

Registration is today.

There will certainly be Guinness drunk! Not going out today of course,,,

OK; time to do battle with the printer which always objects to new cartridges.. back later

Happy Saturday to all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Morning to H, the old lady , Lynn and all,

Another busy one here today as I have got mums shopping and housework to do and then off to meet a friend so we can walk for a few hours sorting out routes in the area we chose for next weeks Great British Greyhound Walk. We are holding our walk about 2 mins walk from where I will be moving to, but need a shaded route, just in case we do actually get some hot weather and a normal route and we need to make sure all the pathways we choose are not overgrown or have any hazards. Need to put up some more posters too.

Then it will be back here this afternoon to walk Lily and try to catch up on some of my housework and cut the grass if it stays dry.

Lynn I am like you, if I get an idea of something I want to change in the house or garden then I want it done yesterday.

I am going to check my euro millions ticket now and if I have won I will give you the money to get your garden done yesterday Lynn

Have a lovely weekend everyone and am also hoping Chris is ok.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Sorry Lynn garden will have to wait, we will hav to stay poor as not one flippin number..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Rose I love Guinness its good for you too.

Morning Bev. Good luck with your route planning walk. Another busy day for you then.
Thanks for the offer if yo have won the Euromillions. If your luck is like ours I wouldn't get to excited.

I noticed on last nights thread the lovely comments from jenny and Sally. Thank you very much appreciated.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good Morning all Dogsey Peops
Anyway, we were up there all day yesterday, along with diving about for more turf, more topsoil, more slabs and more gravel, and Dave's guttering, but eventually we got there, after a lot of hard work, it now looks really fab and we even mowed the lawn to finish it all off. I will take a picture this morning as I want to put new pics of all this hard work onto my website, it looks so much more inviting, and afterall, first impressions really count don't they. I couldn't walk by the evening, but I'm pleased to say, after a good night's sleep I don't hurt at all!
Today is change over day at the other van, and I think Dave is going to get the doors fitted in the house cos they're in his way lying on the floor in the garage. He likes me to be out of the way when he's doing his diy in the house, but we did work well as a team together yesterday, we got on great and had a good laugh just like we used to, without any arguments about which way to do this and that
Zena has been an absolute star with me popping in and out, but we did give her a really good walk yesterday morning. We couldn't take her up there with us cos mowing, strimming, turfing and Zena is not a good combination
Hope all of you are well, along with the doglets, and I'm afraid once this is up, then that's me doing my disappearing act again for the rest of the day cos I have so much to do.
Enjoy the week-end all of you
All sounds very good. Couples who play together, stay together. (Even if 'play' consists of building and gardening lol!) 10 awesomeness points for Zena and stop apologising for not being able to 'keep up' on here!

You are right about first impressions, esp. for a holiday break accommodation. People start by browsing and looking at piccies of it. Then they get the little video playing through their mind, imagining themselves sitting outside with a bottle of wine, taking in their surroundings and relaxing. So get the photos up!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We are popping out today to some garden centres to look at ponds for phase one of the garden change when we get some money. Always good to have a plan but then in my head it comes together and then I get frustrated because it wasn't done yesterday. Hey ho such is life.
The house has been taken off right move and the EA's website when I checked yesterday.
My washing machine is fine this morning just popped the sheets in to wash so I am wondering if I did something wrong but can't imagine what only that maybe I hadn't clicked the door on properly.
I will be popping in and out today.
Have a good Saturday and a safe one.
You've reminded me of when my son's w/m caused a disaster. If it was your door not being fully engaged at least it didn't START UP! (And it's not supposed to) His did! And it's in an upstairs 'laundry cupboard' thingie with the boiler and all that outside the bathroom. First they knew was when my DiL saw water coming down the open plan stairs and through the light fittings! It was doing a cycle with the door not closed properly.

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Good morning everyone,
Same old, same old here. Heavy hard rain and midges!
Don't know if you have heard of the Gathering here in Ireland. A tourism boost. To attract all the Irish descended folk from abroad. This week is the village's Gathering,, they are trying for a Guinness Book of Records for O'Sullivans. Registration is today. There will certainly be Guinness drunk! Not going out today of course,,,
OK; time to do battle with the printer which always objects to new cartridges.. back later.
Printers - scourge of the earth! Try hitting it with a bigger hammer! Or watch this and laugh (but don't watch if you are offended by the F word!
Cat vs Printer
http://youtu.be/CSK1D3bZhRs
All this talk of midges is putting me right OFF visiting Ireland! Bad enough here but it's only a problem for a month or two in early spring. This year not much prob at all. I hate them they get in my hair and they bite me and make me itch!

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Another busy one here today as I have got mums shopping and housework to do and then off to meet a friend so we can walk for a few hours sorting out routes in the area we chose for next weeks Great British Greyhound Walk. We are holding our walk about 2 mins walk from where I will be moving to, but need a shaded route, just in case we do actually get some hot weather and a normal route and we need to make sure all the pathways we choose are not overgrown or have any hazards. Need to put up some more posters too.
Then it will be back here this afternoon to walk Lily and try to catch up on some of my housework and cut the grass if it stays dry.
Lynn I am like you, if I get an idea of something I want to change in the house or garden then I want it done yesterday.
I am going to check my euro millions ticket now and if I have won I will give you the money to get your garden done yesterday Lynn
Have a lovely weekend everyone and am also hoping Chris is ok.
Enjoy your Greyhound walk stuff. Let us be the first to know if your lottery numbers come up. I never ever do any lotteries. If I wanted a flutter I'd put money on a horse and enjoy the thrill of watching the race! (And the odds are better too!)

Well I actually stayed up until about 2am working online so I don't have to go too stark raving crazy today. I've had to shower off and cool down after returning from our morning walk before being able to do anything else!

Bella dived under my bed on the cool of the tiles as soon as we got in the door. Hasn't even asked for her morning meal yet. She had a long drink from a mop bucket on the waterfront (no soapy stuff in it!) so didn't even stop to drink before hitting the cool tiles.

She seems to be getting more sense as she ages. When we are out and it is hot now she seeks shade and sometimes just stands in it for a moment or two before moving on.

We diverted down to the waterfront today so I could check on the progress of the projected 2yr revamp. It's still just a dirty great construction site. No shade once on the front because it's East facing - you have to be one road back to get the shade from the buildings on the pavements.

I will now start to scale down the early walk. Get out a bit earlier and not stay out for so long. Then it will be the rapid walk to the kerb after lunch for her to pee and then a slightly longer walk again in the evening when sun's gone down.

Once the hottest months are here July/Aug the longest walk switches to after sundown - great for Bella because pavements are not scorching and no overhead sun ... BUT ... sadly temps don't go down much and humidity is high so not all that much better for me!

As I've managed to get a good start on everything (even remembered to call at the discount centre and pick my ciggies up) I might pop out to see if I can get some huge cushions for the daybed (gawd I sound like Helena with her cushions lol!) sadly no Dunelms here tho! I will start with the Thrift Shop lol!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Good morning everyone.
Wild and windy here as long as it stays fine to dry my washing I don't mind
Saturday again already! My busy day
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A sunny but very blustery here. I was woken soon after 4am with the dogs barking - I think it there must have been foxers in the garden. Fortunately we all went back to sleep again. OH is now out for the day and my son will be off to Kent shortly. Decorator due at 9.30 and he'll hopefully get most the house finished today with just a few hours left to do on Tuesday. There has been a loose walked young Doberman here for the last three days and I just hope I don't bump in to them when walking my two as it's bound to come over and say hello. Dogs are meant to be on leads here until you get to the fields.

Helena - All those bookings - fantastic and well done. I can't wait to see the results of all the hard work you and Dave did yesterday .... not bad for 'old people' It is great that your relationship sounds back on kilter. I hope the departing clients have left an easy job for the 'turn-around'.
Lynn - Enjoy your visit to the garden centre and planning your next project. I've been planning a new en-suite bathroom but have given up as I started planning it two and half years ago and unfortunately its low on my OH's list. I too hope that Chris and her family are OK but unless I'm going mad I think it was her who mentioned getting ready for a holiday ... I may be wrong though.
Rosesbud - Sorry you've still got rain (and midges) but hopefully the weather is meant to improve from next Tuesday onwards. Which would be nice for the O'Sullivans gathering. Enjoy your day.
Bev - It should be fun planning the route for the greys walk, especially as that area will be your home-turf soon You must be so looking forward to relocating.
I hope your day goes as planned and you have fun.
Pat - I can imagine how important having air-con is in your hot climate. How sweet that Bella rushes in from her walk and lies out on the tiles - she's not daft No doubt once she's cooled off she'll be up on her day bed again. What colour cushions has she chosen or has she left it up to you? Enjoy your day and I hope you find some you like.

See you all later folks and have fun.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Nippy - you snuck in again while I was typing Enjoy your day and I hope you get that washing dried. Lovely sun and breeze here at the moment but my washing line was been taken down while the house is being decorated I'll have so much washing come the middle of next week.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »