View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Thank Goodness it isn't too serious for him. What a good boy he was and he got you some discount too xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Thank you Elaine. His beautiful and gentle temperament shined today and I was so happy with him and the vets. I hope he gets better quickly and doesn't need the radiology.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Popped in to see what the vet said, and thank goodness rest will sort him out and how lovely to reduce your bill like that
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Pleased to read that it isn't anything serious and hope he improves in the next few days
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Thanks, everyone. It was very nice to offer us a "good dog discount". I saw a poor Poodle that had to be sedated to be examined, poor girl was in hysterics. Seems like everyone's dog was limping there yesterday.

It is now about 1:20 a.m. and after his medication, there is vast improvement. I'm very optimistic now. Will record a video once some light comes out later to keep some track.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2014, 05:50 AM

Brilliant news!!! Fingers crossed he keeps heading in the right direction xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Good news and what a lovely approach a good doggie discount.
Hopefully with the medication and some more rest he will be right in no time.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I am so pleased he did well and with rest a sprain should ease quite quickly, what a relief for you all.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Thank you for the well wishes, everyone. Nigredo is doing a ton better, but the other pets are still clinging to him as he's not back to his complete self yet.

A wee bit of help, if I may beg, please also. He's a less than 2 year old Labrador mix. Vet says it's very important that his exercise be almost non existent in these next days. HARD WORK!!

I can leash him for his potty time and whatnot, but I can't keep him from jumping on things and being himself. Should I leash him to me all the time or something?

He's himself and he can't stand laying on the floor and always jumps up to lay down, but this can't be good for his healing leg. He also stair barrels like a maniac, which can also slow down his healing process.

He's not light on his wonky legs at all. Always running and jumping, and very heavy pawed and goofy. Any advice at all to help slow him down for this next week or two?

Here is the pic I just took of him in his horribly dirty and way too small but much loved chair. Excuse the fishing gear, dad is going out on the lake this weekend. Kitty guard underneath him, she has been clinging to him ever since. He hates the floor, and it's going to be very hard to keep him from lying in the places he's used to lying in...

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Oh just caught up with this thread, MF, and so sorry to hear that Nigredo has such a limp and hope the meds will kick in soon.

I would try not to let him jump on the furniture in the meantime as coming back down may add a bit of strain to him. Perhaps putting some obstacles on his chair and around the bed may help keep him at ground level. It is difficult I suppose though. I am sure with your loving care, he will be himself soon again.

That was lovely having a good dog discount!

Big healing cuddles and kisses to Nigredo from me.

Take care xx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >