Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 06:31 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone another bright sunny day. By all accounts it is going to be the hottest day so far. It was the hottest night. Dillon came up to bed with me and then fussed and fidgeted for ages then came back down had a big drink and settled. Me I had a restless night it was so hot.
Mustn't complain it will soon be Autumn and getting chilly and we will be complaining again.

Nippy Jen hope the mouth isn't too sore today. Enjoy the day with your feet up and watching Wimbledon.
Helena enjoy you walk and take care and hope the finger is feeling good.
Everyone else with aches and pains and feeling poorly wish you well soon. Goes for furries too.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.
It was very hot here too overnight and it looks like it is going to be a nice day.

My mouth feels remarkably good, sore of course but nothing I can't handle.

Hope everyone else is well. Back later
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning Lynn, Nippy [and those who creep in while I am typing] and everyone else!

Lynn - I think you said that Gorden is home this evening and not tomorrow? That will be nice for both of you!

Nippy - I am glad your mouth is not too sore this morning.

Not quite as long a lie-in as I would have liked, but still not too bad. Late to bed, tut tut, then Da Booga wanted out a couple of hours later. Out again just before the alarm would have gone off so pilled her and back to bed for another 2½ hours so I cannot complain.

Very pleased as when my neighbour came in yesterday evening with the news about someone going to do something about the nuisance boys, she brought in two packages [dunno why she waited as they were both registered so she must have signed for them and gotten them from Meri when she was here, and that was hours earlier]. Put them in the kitchen and forgot about them and when I opened them this morning they were two things I had bought from eBay - a jar opener for various different size jars [mine had eventually broken after many years good use], plus a Jar Popper for breaking the seal of a new jar. Also to replace one that had broken after quite a few years.

The washing is already in the machine so I have to check what salad is left in the refrigerator and what I need as there will be fresh in this morning at the macolet, so after coffee and ketchup I will buzz over there. The rest of the day will be as usual - doing nothing!

Have a good day everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Morning Nippy Jen glad the mouth is not so sore you can't handle it. Enjoy the lovely sunshine.
Morning Malka. Glad your parcels have arrived.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Lynn - I always have parcels and packets arriving! If not from iHerb in California then from Amazon or from China [stupid prices with free postage even though they have tracking and are registered].

One of my earrings broke when the nurses took them out before I had the CT scan and I knew it was dodgy so I had been looking for another pair - it was one of the tiny ones in the top holes and I wanted to replace them with the also-tiny-but-a-bit-larger ones from the bottom holes. And I found the perfect ones from this site - not gold but 18ct gold plated, with little cz's like my others, for a stupid price. My neighbour fell in love with them so I ordered another pair for her and am waiting for those to arrive now. Plus a matching necklet for myself.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Good morning ladies, I didn't come back on last night because I left the tramadol too long and felt queasy and shaky but Steve thinking he knew best for me made me eat although I knew it wouldn't digest consequently a little later I was violently sick. He doesn't believe me when I say I know what my tummy can take and what it cannot. I reminded him that he had cooked me a very large English breakfast earlier in the day and as I was not used to it I really didn't want any more to eat. After I was sick took myself off to bed early. Feeling better this morning. Got to take Amber to the vet for her booster vacinations and kennel cough stuff.

Nippy Jen, So did you get the teeth in on the raw gums where they had taken them out or was this to replace the ones you had removed some while ago?

TW June, Loved the photos of your girls down in the river. All my previous Labradors loved water but not Amber doesn't even like the hose. Glad your garden is coming on.

Lynn, that will be nice to have OH home early to work from home. Hope the Rat devices do the job!

Helena, Sorry your finger feels a bit swollen, well it is rather warm to be wrapped up but I suspect you have been overdoing things.

Malka, glad you finally got your parcels, good job you are patient. Glad Pereg has settled again lets hope it continues.

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Morning Moyra hope today turns out better than yesterday.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks Lynn just been to the doctors, he has said come off the tramadol altogether now and take Extra strong co-codamol 1or2 tabs 4 times a day. Went to see the pharmacist and he thought it was too soon for me to come off the tramadol but he said do what the doctor has said and if it doesn't work out you will have to go back to him. He said I shouldn't have been cut from 8 a day down to 4 it has shocked my system and that is why I am shaking all the time and sweating and queasy. He said I should have come down to 7 and then gradually 6. My nerves are shot I jump at everything. Well got to take Amber to the vets at 12.00 after her walk. Hope everyone else is ok.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Moyra - sadly for some patients, many pharmacists have more knowledge of drug withdrawal than some doctors, and I am sorry that you have been put through such a horrid short withdrawal by your GP.

Yes, you will get through it but making you suffer unnecessarily while you do was really not good on the part of your GP.

(((hugs)))
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Vastly different weatherwise up here, thought it was raining at first because it was very dull, just overcast, but we do have rain forecast. Not too cold, but nothing like it has been
I think i may have been the only one who had a decent nights sleep, mind you the last few nights I haven't, so was in need of it.
Just come in from doing girly brekkies and skipping out, and who should I see in my front garden THE GARDENER!!!!
zipped out there smartish and he was very very apologetic and said he truly thought they were for chucking, I had 2 bin liners full of stuff for the tip, weeds etc. and he asked if he could take them before chucking them in the van. He is going to take the rest of the roses right down so's I can finish the railings, he said my painting was good and was impressed it was all my own work. Big News is that he has now disappeared off to get some decking and will sort it out for me, hey maybe even today, is there an 'R' in the month. I asked him if he had any idea how much it had cost to replace what he had chucked away, and told him I had been driving round looking for him, so he is now aware that I Am Not Pleased one bit.
Glad to hear you're OK'ish Nippy and its not too bad, feet up again today hey, although I saw on the news Andy Murray is out, cannot understand tennis, nor cricket, its the method of scoring that has always confused me. I never did well at tennis at school, I can hit the ball OK, but not sure of all the nuances involved.
That postwoman of yours needs her head examined Malka, she tells you one thing, but in the same period of time she has actually done another anyhow parcels have arrived at least, and your neighbour seems to be on the ball as regards the nuisance kids.
Gordon's home tonight Lynn, so you'll be able to relax a little, your new toys for Mr Rat will need to be played with and set out for his perusal overnight at some point soon I have no doubt.
Moyra, you must have the patience of a saint with Steve, I would have attacked him violently with a blunt instrument by now hope today's a better day for you.
Jasmine has already perked up and is looking happy in her new home, Honeysuckle is still sulking, hoping she snaps out of it today. I am almost ready to receive my Fuschia If Nigel does the decking today, I can paint it (if it doesn't rain as it is looking threatening) then I can my pots done. Pity I'm not having a patio done, then I could pop Steve under it for you. The vet will go fine at least, and then you can get home and have a rest.
I think it will be the heat too with your finger Helena, noticed on the forecast you're looking at temperatures in the 25's aren't you. We've got something wet and nasty coming in from the west
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »