View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Evening all - Just a quick post to let everyone know I'm still extant.
Moyra - in answer to your question from this morning's first post. Yes we are a long way from anybody with fireworks and so the dogs aren't ever bothered by them. They are quite used to gunfire and so I would imagine the bangs wouldn't bother them unduly. On wednesday last we spent most of the day burning brashed branches and deadfalls on a couple of huge bonfires and my lot are totally unfazed by the crackling flames etc. Fagin and Gypsy get as close to it as they possibly can and lie there luxuriating in the heat whilst Tess and the dreaded Danger Curls spend their time exploring the piles of dead wood looking for rodents etc. The older ones know they are wasting their time - I suppose they'll learn eventually - but with DC in particular - that learning curve could take a fair amount of time! lol !
Hope that anyone with firework problems gets through the next couple of days unscathed and there are no lasting effects on their canine companions. The sooner the damn things are banned the better.
Take care all - bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2016, 10:54 PM
The film is Glory, Brenda, on BBC2, but you've probably given up waiting by now.
Lots of loud bangs, girls are fast asleep.
I remember the very last New Year Eve I had with Tawney, we went outside to set a rocket off, and Tawney came with us, sat there and watched the rocket go off, looked around at the other fireworks, nodded approvingly then licked my hand and toddled off back inside
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2016, 12:24 AM
I'm really late on here sorry
Had a fairly good day just been busy
Tonight poor Rosie has hated all the fireworks and been in hiding, then just managed to get her outside at 11.30, she managed a wee before some twit let off another firework she shot inside
Ah well hopefully not much longer
Good night all
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Goodnight Mandy - Give poor Rosie a little hug from me - must be awful for the poor lass.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4