Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
but if no premises then he couldn't take the risk
That's the thing about 'premises' for what he was planning it had to be the right type in the right place.

Commercial property (like houses) will be volatile until the state of the economy has settled down post Brexit and you don't need to be genius to know that's going to take a few years. He has youth on his side but I know ('cos I was the same) youth also means you want things done quickly
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well Dillon is 5 today who can believe it ? Bit of a big thing for us seeings as we lost Max in 2002 age 41/2 and Ollie February 2011 aged 4 and 9 months.
Hi Lynn, so nice to see you So the big boy is 5 please give him a big happy birthday cuddle from me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Have had some lambs tails simmering a few days, all the meat has dropped off, taken bones and yukky bits out, added veg, herbs and soup mix and it'll be lovely tomorrow
That took me back to my youth as it was a regular on the dinner table when I was a lad.

Don't think there's a chance in hell of SWMBO cooking it now, first it's not something she ever had as a girl and second she hates lamb and tells me it's the fatty bits which put her off

ETA:-
Which reminds me, time to prepare the daily feast for Casey & Lara, they are having the usual turkey and pet mince from our butcher and rice and carrots which is an extra they don't get that everyday

See you latter
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Hi Lynn, lovely you have finally broken your duck as it were and Dillon is with you for many years to come I hope. How are you feeling, a bit more like now, missing you on here.
Miss Nippy as well
Harvey, I love my bone soup, I get the lambs tails from the bone run for the girls, but I bag them separately and freeze them, when it starts getting cold I make a soup of them or chicken carcasses if there are any odd ones lying about. Once I've bagged multiples of 5 any one that remains is for me.
I said to him, Whats For You Won't Pass You By and he agreed, but doesn't look himself, his whole demeanour is not him.
Girls (inc Zen) have had massive meaty dinosaur bones for tea and they are really enjoying them out there. Nice deep beds for them as well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Just had a depressing phone call. An old friend who lost his wife a few years back and with whom I worked with his youngest son phoned. His eldest son 41 years has been suffering with brain tumours for years has finally passed away and the youngest son who I worked with his wife did the dirty on him and has now left him with a 6and half year old daughter. I feel so terribly sorry so close to Christmas. The funeral for Mark is on the 17th no black and no flowers - a celebration of his life no mourning. I do not know whether to go or not. I know there will be people there I have not seen for years so I am likely to stay away, is that disrespectful? I only met Mark about three times.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Unless you really want to go, then don't, Moyra. Maybe though it would be nice for the family to see you there and you could maybe chat to people you've not seen for a long time
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Evening everyone,
Moyra sorry for your awful news.
Lynn lovely to see you and Happy 5th Birthday to Dillon
TW glad your son turned up
Lossos I'm with Swmbo - I dislike lamb too
Griff hope Dex cat is ok and his treatment works
Lauryn took Rosie out today for her wander while I was at work
Brenda see what you missed then on This morning
Right I'm off for another cuppa
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2016, 08:46 PM
EYE SIGHT FOR DRIVING APPLICATION

I don't suppose they will say yes at the DVLA even though my eye sight for distance is within bounds now. They more than likely say NO on field of vision. I don't understand all the technical medical terms so sending them the latest hospital report. All I can do is send in forms they ask for and see what they come back with. I can't do any more having had one eye operated on and the other on drops so the pressure in each eye is within normal parameters. Knowing the Government departments they stick strictly to the rules. The snelling test is where you have to read letters that start large and finish small. Well I am well below what is considered acceptable for driving

What is annoying is that for 55 years I have never had any driving endorsement of any kind, not even a parking fine, yet I get penalised for not being able to see out of the back of my head so it seems.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 09:54 PM
congrats to Dillon
moyra, sorry for your loss
hi everyone else
dex cat is o.k, bit woozy but o.k, 4 impacted faeces and grass...ewww
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2016, 10:07 PM
I wasn't that far out with fur balls then as they cause impaction. Pleased he is home with you again. Night all.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >