Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Some academic bloke once told me that statistically you are just as likely to 'prang' your car on the first day you drive it as you are on the thousand'th day.

It's nothing, keep smiling Mind you it might be a good idea to get it fixed before hubby comes home
Yes Harvey,that's the planNot that he'd say a word about it of course(it's not in his nature)😀
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Well as I will never ever have a new one, I buy a well used one with as few miles on the clock as I can, as cheaply as I can, then I'll never notice a few extra scratches I think a scratch on an alloy can be sorted out pretty quickly, Eileen. I'm sure the garage can arrange it for you, and you'll never notice. In the scheme of things its minor isn't it. Hope your mum is fine today, and the twinnies are being saintly, with it being a Sunday.
LG these things happen, calm down, have a cup of strong tea, and do something else. It infuriates me when it happens, and I go away and sulk for a while and do other things.
Thank you Harvey
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Not that he'd say a word about it of course(it's not in his nature)😀
Better hang on to him Eileen, not many like him around

Must go now, so goodnight, see you all tomorrow
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Better hang on to him Eileen, not many like him around

Must go now, so goodnight, see you all tomorrow
One in a million,I know thatGoodnight Mr Sainsbury,sleep well xx
TW,you are absolutely right.It'll be fixed in a jiffy no doubtGirls were great todayNo minding for me,I don't do weekends!Mum wasn't so goodleg pains are pretty bad.She's trying her best but I know it's getting her downMorphine has her quick tempered at the mo and she doesn't seem to have a filterSays exactly what she thinks,the second she thinks itNeed to be thick skinned around her right now.Funny, she hasn't had a go at me yet, but all other family members have been read the riot act over something or otherBless her,she wouldn't normally offend a fly.Will talk to the doc in the morning,see if something can be done.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Oh the poor darling, give her a big hug and put extra sugar in her tea She must be pretty scared really (I know I would be) and it won't be easy putting a brave face on it so no one else is scared, coupled with chemo and all the other stuff she must feel a stranger in her own body at the moment.
Hoping she feels better tomorrow
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Thanks TWOh she is done with all the chemo and Radiotheraphy,no more treatment.Not sure she'd have taken any more had it been offered,she's had enoughWe will just have to try and keep her spirits up as much as we can.Really think having her morphine dose lowered,might help.Will seek advice from the experts.
Miss Lacey is wearing my hoodieIt was lying next to her on the sofa,so she lay on it,couldn't get herself comfortable so I put it on her.She's well happy now,snoring away
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Poor wee LGIt's pretty obvious the Mem helps him with his posts and what with her being away and all,he can't manageDon't worry LG,she'll be back soonIn the meantime just keep it short so you don't have to think too much.Spellchecker might help to,for the really long words like 'the'
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry, Eileen. Nothing I can say at all. I feel helpless when I am with my friend, as they have already told her there is nothing they can do to stop it, just slow its progress down.
What on earth do you say in those circumstances. Must be a million times worse for you, this is your mum for goodness sake
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Ah no TW.Its heartbreaking no matter who it involves(( hugs)) i didn't know you were going through this with your friend.Sorry to hear thatThere are no words really,you're right but having friends like you and peeps on here supporting you,really does help.Some days are really really awful and just popping on here having a bit of a laugh,just being myself for a while,talking about normal,everyday things is a breath of fresh air.I'm really grateful for it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Thats what I try to do with my friend, talk about everyday things as though this hasn't all of a sudden happened to her, if she wants to start talking about it, then we talk about it, I just go with the flow.
It must be so hard for you, pulled from all sides, you are new Nana and also going through the worst of times with your mum. You are so strong for them, inside you're not, but you aren't for showing it.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >