Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Help with Acer Laptop VDU

Think Fred has an Acer but he does not seem to be on line at the moment, I need to adjust my laptop screen but can't seem to get it right. If I amend it from the 'appearance' window it becomes to elongated when the type is large enough to read, can anyone help me.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2006, 06:17 PM
I use an Acer laptop Jackie-which bit are you having trouble with???
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I have an Acer laptop as well. Try just right clicking on an area of the desktop, in the drop down it gives Graphics Properties and Graphics options. Try playing around with those as there are different settings in there
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Well if I move the PPI slider so I can read the type on the screen it is elongated and I have to view all windows reduced. I realise I have the setting wrong but what I need to do is reduce the width and hight of the display.

My PC has a Acer VDU and it is the same size as the laptop 17" but the one I use with the PC is taller and I have it set up fine but cant replicate it on the laptop.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Well if I move the PPI slider so I can read the type on the screen it is elongated and I have to view all windows reduced. I realise I have the setting wrong but what I need to do is reduce the width and hight of the display.

My PC has a Acer VDU and it is the same size as the laptop 17" but the one I use with the PC is taller and I have it set up fine but cant replicate it on the laptop.
Sorry Jackie-you lost me just after 'well if i move the...'

Perhaps Het or Marie can help ya cause i havent a clue what VDU,PPI slider is!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Guess it is me who can't explain myself. Think what I need is half an hour to have a fiddle.