Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
My boys love tangerines and will sit hoping for a segment whenever I peel one

Ziggy doesn't make funny faces but sometimes in his impatience he swallows the segments whole
crnnurse12
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I am devasted . I gave my poodle several segments of an orange the other day. The next day, he had severe diarrhea and vomited. He is in the hospital on IV antibiotics and IV fluids running a fever. The Vet said it was from the oranges probably. Some type of bacterial infection. I feel so guilty. He will be there for 5 days atleast. I am in tears over the fact that I may have done this to him.
Blackbeard
New Member!
Male 

19-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Glad I found this as my dog will beg for those little oranges (satsumas, mandarins, clementines etc..)

Never give her a whole one but a few segments
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:52 AM
My first GSD would eat oranges on picnics with the kids. And cucumber sandwiches. I think she saw herself as one of the kids.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Kismet became terribly ill after eating someting.. It may have been something I had given her, but it was just as likely to be the horse poo, hederow hunting, snails, or other yuk she eats. You can't blame yourself crnnurse. It may have been the oranges, but it could have been anything. I hope the little one recovers.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Bryan loves a bit of orange. I wouldn't give him a whole clementine, but he always gets the last segment
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 02:06 PM
My setter babes enjoy a segment or two of either satsuma or orange... no side effects so far!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 02:16 PM
No, never!!

He adores fruit, never grew out of it!!!
liz
Dogsey Junior

19-12-2008, 08:21 PM
my lot all eat fruit & veg.
Lkessler41
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer View Post
Yes My dogs love oranges. Give her a just couple of segments, not a whole orange
Hi everyone, first time posting, but before I introduce myself at the Intro section, I wanted to post here--my liver Dal, Patch, loves, loves, LOVES oranges. If I would let him have a whole one, he would eat a whole orange by himself. My other Dal, Brandy, a traditional b/w spotty, also likes oranges, but not as much as Patch. Patch just goes "bananas" for oranges. *pun intended*

I'm so glad to know that giving him a few segments here and there isn't doing him any harm... Thanks everyone!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >