View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Just to about 7.15 am June so not much of a lay in but then Amber needs her walk first thing. My chest is bad again this morning but have taken the bronch stop linctus so hope it will ease up soon.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Wrap up TW,enjoy Girlies must have hearts like lions getting in the river,guess you have to be a dog We have sleety snow,wind and sunshine bitterly cold too.Warm as toast in the house though Hope my dec's don't topple over,don't fancy standing out in that.Think I over pegged and they should be fine Little to worry about,don't I?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Just walked Amber round the green and got soaking wet on the way back. Never mind she is more comfortable now having double down loaded she must be eating too much again!
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Funny as a kid I hated Sunday's , and now well I still hate them lol no I am enjoying a quite day , OH and little one fed this morning jake walked now I'm sitting here with a cuppa.
Then later today taking little one to see after Christmas.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Been out, river was really high, so there must have been a heck of a lot of rain higher up last night because it wasn't anything like that yesterday. As its Sunday and the mills closed, I went through the fence and walked along the top of the river bank girls running ahead, rain and wind was fierce, got onto the bit by the waterfall and the river was really fast, had a few games of ball and they were running in and out of the water, Mabs had her harness on but no line, set off back when began to feel really chilled, halfway back I could see Mabs right on top of the river bank, no Keshi, following her gaze, there was Keshi, in the middle of a fast flowing river, chasing some ducks I called her and whistled her and she actually came back, got a massive telling off from Mabs the minute she appeared out of the water, gathered them both together and went back through the fence,Mabs no trouble with putting her lead on at all Keshi always good with that, came home, took Cariad and Lona on an old ladies walk, rain at last stopped. Have done a clean up and handed out bones. Sooo having a butty and a cup of tea and see what the weather is doing in half an hour before I make a definite decision on going training. It was wild before, and I am NOT standing out in the middle of a field in a force 9 gale and rain! You'll have to start pushing Amber back a bit timewise Moyra, 5 minutes every week till you can have a lie in, glad your chest is a tiny bit better.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Afternoon everyone sorry to hear chests are still poorly and glad decs are holding up in the wind and rain. Enjoy Father Christmas and training sessions if going.

Went to the Christmas fair at the school down the road took all of five minutes to walk round it. Had a coffee and piece of Stollen cake now back drinking a peanut hottie bit like hot chocolate but peanut peanut flavour the jury's out for now whether we like it or not.
It has turned form being wet and mild here to wet and a very cold wind blowing in across the fens.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2014, 02:01 PM
No rain now, so off to training in a couple of minutes, rain not been torrential really, otherwise I would never have prised Cariad out for a walk, she hates very heavy rain and sits with her nose out glaring at me if I even dare suggest a walk,Lona will come with me reluctantly, but looks like she is being bathed in acid. Mabs and Keshi OK'ish but don't like the heavy rain and can't wait to get home. Was bad earlier on, then changed to showery type rain, gusted along by the wind. Sun is even out now. What a shame about the Christmas Fair, Lynn, at least you went and bought something. Not sure about the peanut thing either. Well, best stir myself, otherwise we'll be late for class!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2014, 02:04 PM
We have decided it is like peanut soup. Ok in small doses I think.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Back from the Range. Pleased I didn't take the car, the parking was heaving. Only takes 3 minutes on the train. Very busy even as we got there. Still found a few decorations and some yummiies. Am now watching silly film called Dear Santa.
Ttfn have a good rest of day peeps.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Afternoon all - Hope all poorlies are on the improve and four legged friends on top of the world. June - Your assumption that it must have rained a fair bit higher up, was very correct, it chucked it down here all night, dreadful night. This morning it has done everything, sun, cloudy, rain, rainbows right across the top of the moor, even a bit of icy rain/hail. So it's what I call a Michael Miles day (Take Your Pick - years ago). Daylight had only just dawned when I noticed activity on the other side of the valley, local hunt had disembarked from several pick-ups and were going up the moor. Took less than a minute for them to hit a line and they took off like missiles across our bleak landscape, way out in front was a tri-coloured hound singing for all it was worth (made me think of Duncan). Whether one is for or against it as a sport, they are a truly magnificent sight and sound, a thin ribbon of colour, going hell for leather across our desolate uplands. Watched them till they were out of sight and only faint wafts of hound music drifting across the valley. Went back home for breakfast and felt truly heartened, in as much as there is still a little bit of tradition surviving in my part of this technologically advanced and increasingly insular world where all that seems to matter is money and possessions! Moan over - perhaps point made - perhaps not! Doesn't really matter! Have a good rest of the day folks, best wishes from up on't moors, and bye fer now.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »