Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think these people may disagree with you on that!!

http://www.acscgb.com/files/img/logo_qcms.jpg

http://www.nationalgundog.org/theass...files/spcr.gif
I'm on the computer now, and them links are not working for me, on one I am just getting a banner that says that American Cocker Spaniel Club of Great Britain with a pic of a adult and puppy American Cocker Spaniel, the other is just a blank page which nothing is coming up, even though at the bottom it says done, I have to ask though, even if they do work, how many working people would take a dog out for a days work groomed like this?

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Agreed. You said it better
Is that not the second post of mine you agree/mostly agree with, careful Tassle, we may start getting too simalar
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I'm on the computer now, and them links are not working for me, on one I am just getting a banner that says that American Cocker Spaniel Club of Great Britain with a pic of a adult and puppy American Cocker Spaniel, the other is just a blank page which nothing is coming up, even though at the bottom it says done, I have to ask though, even if they do work, how many working people would take a dog out for a days work groomed like this?

Is that not the second post of mine you agree/mostly agree with, careful Tassle, we may start getting too simalar
- very worrying

And as a (trying to be) ex-groomer - the thought of dealing with that coat after the dog had been out for the day in mud and cover.....just cringe worthy.

Its bad enough when a bramble gets caught in Sirens knickers!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
- very worrying

And as a (trying to be) ex-groomer - the thought of dealing with that coat after the dog had been out for the day in mud and cover.....just cringe worthy.

Its bad enough when a bramble gets caught in Sirens knickers!!
, and I know that I would not want to deal with a coat like that, even a walk to a park you'd probally end up bringing half of it back with you when you get home, I just couldn't deal with it, must get annoying for the dog too and I think with a dog with a coat like that you'd spend more the time detangling and taking things out of the coat, then anything else.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Mmmm, see what you mean, but do a search of both siTes yourself to see that the ACS, can work,

You said earlier,that they could not work, but those sites tell you differently, and those where the first two I came across,

I guess regarding the coat, it down to dedication , the ACS is not the only coated breed that does manage to have a life out of the ring.

Look at the Afghans, / the powder puff, the TT , the Springer, many will compete in other disciples, along with simply enjoying life as a dog, walking through woods/on beaches ,/rain/mud.

Yet its funny how people can still find the time to turn their ragamuffin, into a well groomed show dog when its needed.

You are judging a dogs capabilities on how it looks, the old saying "dont judge a book by its cover " comes into play here.

Simply because many people do not work their ACS`s , does not mean they are incapable of it.

P.S, the point is Chaz, the dog wont look so well groomed, when it is out working, but after a bath and a brush it will be back in show condition.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-08-2010, 10:33 AM
, and I know that I would not want to deal with a coat like that, even a walk to a park you'd probally end up bringing half of it back with you when you get home, I just couldn't deal with it, must get annoying for the dog too and I think with a dog with a coat like that you'd spend more the time detangling and taking things out of the coat, then anything else.
Not sure what you are saying, there are many breeds with coats like that???

Are you saying they dont have quality of life.

Or simply you could not cope with a coated breed????
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Unless the dogs wear something like this when working,

I really can't imagine someone taking a dog whose coat touches the floor working, and then just being able to bathe and brush it and it look the same tbh, I mean I would imagine many would cut the hair, and also if they don't the fur may need to be cut if it gets damaged out on a days work, or a item has managed to get imbedded and stuck in the coat to the point that it can't be got out without the fur being cut of hurting the dog although I've put in google working American cocker spaniels, and I can imagine one groomed like this being able to work without the coat becoming a hinderence, but I can not imagine the one that I showed first being able to work without the coat causing different issues for the dog.

chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Not sure what you are saying, there are many breeds with coats like that???

Are you saying they dont have quality of life.

Or simply you could not cope with a coated breed????
I'm saying how annoying must it be for the dog if on walks it keeps getting things stuck in its long coat, how would you feel if you kept getting mud, twigs or other items stuck in your hair on a daily basis?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm saying how annoying must it be for the dog if on walks it keeps getting things stuck in its long coat, how would you feel if you kept getting mud, twigs or other items stuck in your hair on a daily basis?
Does that also include Collies/ long coated GSD/ or any type of dog that has a coat that attracts leaves/twigs/mud???
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Does that also include Collies/ long coated GSD/ or any type of dog that has a coat that attracts leaves/twigs/mud???
Is their coat as excessive as a ACS? Many breeds will get stuff in their coat, but I can imagine the ACS having more in their coat, when one come into the kennels his coat was a nightmare, although he was also aggressive, so trying to get anything back out again was a nightmare, and he didn't have as much coat as the first pic I showed.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Unless the dogs wear something like this when working,

I really can't imagine someone taking a dog whose coat touches the floor working, and then just being able to bathe and brush it and it look the same tbh, I mean I would imagine many would cut the hair, and also if they don't the fur may need to be cut if it gets damaged out on a days work, or a item has managed to get imbedded and stuck in the coat to the point that it can't be got out without the fur being cut of hurting the dog although I've put in google working American cocker spaniels, and I can imagine one groomed like this being able to work without the coat becoming a hinderence, but I can not imagine the one that I showed first being able to work without the coat causing different issues for the dog.

I dont know Chaz, maybe you aught to e.mail the owner of the show Champion dog that is also working in the field, if she cuts the coat in between going in the show ring and working it???
Page 12 of 35 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »