Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mandi
New Member!
Female 

13-06-2009, 02:17 PM

staffy lumps

hi im new here.........................never had any problems with our staffy bitch before, apart from a full hysterectomy a year ago. she is very healthy runs about like a 1yr old , eats anything she can find. shes not overweight though. she is 9yrs old, weve had her since she was 6weeks. the problem is , last week we noticed she had a small lump on her front leg, we thought it could have been an insect bite. not bothered her though. this morning she has another lump (just come up overnight ) on the right side of her nose. this doesnt bother her either, if we touch it. the one on her leg is the same and still their. i just wandered if anyone had had the same with their staffy and could possibly tell me what it was. i have just rung the vets (they are only open for emergencies at the weekend ) and if i really wanted to take her it would cost me £80 for a consultation (YES REALLY). so in waiting untill Monday.
Has anyone had this.......................thanks mandi
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 04:25 PM
hi mandi

Staffies are notorious for lumps, however i would get it checked out by vets on Monday - My wee boy now has 2 ( and he is 8yrs old ) but they have both proved just to be fatty cysts,

hopefully your girls will be the same.
best to check all lumps with the vet though.
mandi
New Member!
Female 

13-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hi mandi

Staffies are notorious for lumps, however i would get it checked out by vets on Monday - My wee boy now has 2 ( and he is 8yrs old ) but they have both proved just to be fatty cysts,

hopefully your girls will be the same.
best to check all lumps with the vet though.
ok thanks brundog, thats great...............ive heard that twice more today, so that does put my mind at ease somewhat . hopefully that will be it. thanks again mandi
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by mandi View Post
ok thanks brundog, thats great...............ive heard that twice more today, so that does put my mind at ease somewhat . hopefully that will be it. thanks again mandi
no probs and please post some piccies of your dog !!!
mandi
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Our little girl TAZ and our big boy FILO, Taz is 9yr old and Filo is 2yr old.
hi brundog, all smiles here, been to the vets, just fatty cysts and nothing to worry about. thank goodness, actually the one on her nose looks to be going down. those pics were taken yesterday.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Off topic posts moved to the picture section here

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=108170
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:04 PM
hi brundog, all smiles here, been to the vets, just fatty cysts and nothing to worry about. thank goodness, actually the one on her nose looks to be going down. those pics were taken yesterday.
great news, glad they are just fatty lumps.
thats what my boy has too.

am off to check out your piccies now !!!