View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 03:56 PM

Flyball - a brag, a moan and an oh so proud me!!!

hi guys,

THE BRAG - We went to a flyball tournament at sheffield yesterday and won division two!!! we were very shocked as we're normally bottom of div. 3 or in div 4, and on top of that we only had four dogs (the fifth is in season) so they all had to run every race - we really didn't expect to get anywhere so were very very chuffed. They have gelled(sp) so well as a team over the past couple of months and are doing great

THE MOAN - a silly person was standing right next to the door into the hall (was an indoor tournament) with his dog on a loose lead, when we were on the way out (being mildly sensible for us and waiting outside between races) his dog went for Ziggie and grabbed hold of the side of his face. the bloke told the dog off and apologised - but really what a stupid place to stand, and if your dog isn't a 100% (like ziggie isn't) it's even stupider!!! i know ziggie isn't a hundred percent and make allowances for that - consequently he's never started a fight - but I can't exactly balme him for fighting back when another dog has gone for him just because he "won" the fight!

THE PROUD PART - even though this dog had hold of the side of his face (it didn't break the skin thank god) with its mouth over his ear so effectively on the side of his skull, ziggie didn't retaliate he just looked at me as though to say "oh my god oh my god oh my god", was so proud of him as 18 months a year ago he would have fought back with no hesitation

As I said it didn't break the skin but I was worried about his reaction as when he was a pup he was bitten (well actually picked up and shaken ) in the same position and still has the scars under his fur so I was worried he'd freak out, but he went for a quick run with his team mates (all dogs that he trusts very much) and was fine If his friend Nushka (GSD) had been any closer behind ziggie it's quite possible the other dog wouldn't though how dare anyone touch her ziggie friend?

So there you go - am very proud of my little man for all sorts of reasons

H xxx
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Well done all round. Hope the Zigmeister hasn't got sore chops - poor wee man! Some people should have dogs!!! What a bumhole eh!!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 04:07 PM
- thats the one minks thats the one!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 04:08 PM
yay for the brag well done......stupid man for the rant and waht a great dog for the pride!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Hope you gave yourself suitable rewards of Baileys and somethine equally scrummy for the doglets
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 04:29 PM
thanks china - minks - ziggie had tinned tuna on his tea and the humans of the team celebrated withh a cadburies hot chocolate and cream
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
thanks china - minks - ziggie had tinned tuna on his tea and the humans of the team celebrated withh a cadburies hot chocolate and cream
Well done Ziggie. Hot chocolate and cream? Are you sure Kicks
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by rob
Well done Ziggie. Hot chocolate and cream? Are you sure Kicks
Bet she left out the Baileys Irish part out of that he he he lush
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 05:27 PM