View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Both my papillons have always done this. Ellie never let it bother her, and so we weren't worried, but her daughter Soso can get really wound up and stressed. We've had 10 years, and still not managed to find something that stops it every time. Sometimes offering a drink works, or picking Soso up lying on her back. Pinching her nose made her struggle violently for breath, and I just couldn't do that to her.

I've found the best thing I can do is just be there and stay calm. If I'm obviously breathing slowly and calmly, eventually Soso does too and the hurkies (what we call them) diminish and slow.

If it is really bad, to the point of interfering with breathing, then the vet can prescribe some 'breathing tube tightners' - sorry I don't know what they are called, and don't want to disturb quietly sleeping puppy to go get them from the kitchen.
mldoggyboutique
New Member!
Female 

18-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi,

my little yorkie Cross Jack does this when she gets excited, I use to get realy worried but it passes very quickly after a few seconds and she calms down.

Molly and Lillys Doggy boutique
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Maggie does this quite a lot, I find rubbing her throat usually stops it.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4