Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Why do some people hate so much?

OK so I am upset and I know that it is only cyber bullying and I am more than old enough to be able to ignore it, so why does it hurt?

Nothing to do with this lovely Dogsey site - nothing to do with my beloved Pereg, but just another rant by some ignorant people on a general non-specific website, blaming me for things they do not even understand.

Just because of where I live.

It is not the first time and I doubt it will be the last time, but when it gets to the state that I am scared to say where I live, what do I do? Do I make up a totally false identity and pretend I am someone I am not, living somewhere I do not?

Or just be me and try to ignore them?

If it was not for the fact that I am virtually housebound and that my computer is really my only window to the outside world, I would give it up in an instant. But then what would I do? Be stuck in front of the goggle box again, counting the seconds until it was time to go to bed again?

Been there, done that, and worn out too many teeshirts.

My life is so much tied up now with Pereg that "talking" to people via my computer is really all I have left of my life. And yet there are always some people who do their utmost to bully and hurt, knowing full well what they are doing.

If I did not have Pereg I doubt I would even be here now.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:20 PM
If people are being nasty it is because there is something wrong in their own little world. As you say - they don`t know you. So the problem is theirs.
As soon as you take that on board, you can raise your eyes to heaven ,say `pl*nker` and give them the red card.
Don`t let the barstewards grind you down.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:24 PM
I am sorry you are being subjected to these people. If it was me I would either try and ignore them or move on to somewhere new, lifes too short and there are lots of lovely people out there.

Try not to get upset, they really arent worth it x
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I dont understand the problem regarding where you live? Or am I just being naive?

Dont go back on the site, thats what i'd do if the people on it upset me that much. I've found that the ones who shout the loudest over cyberspace or usually the ones who wouldnt dare say it to your face.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Dont go back to that forum. Theyre just not worth your contempt

xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If people are being nasty it is because there is something wrong in their own little world. As you say - they don`t know you. So the problem is theirs.
As soon as you take that on board, you can raise your eyes to heaven ,say `pl*nker` and give them the red card.
Don`t let the barstewards grind you down.
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I am sorry you are being subjected to these people. If it was me I would either try and ignore them or move on to somewhere new, lifes too short and there are lots of lovely people out there.

Try not to get upset, they really arent worth it x
Excellent advice from the above two members. Yes, there are always going to be disagreements and differences of opinion on forums, that's only natural but some people take it far too far, it is easier to hurl abuse or criticise someone over the internet than it is to look someone in the eye and say the same thing. Spend more time on Dogsey most of us on here are pretty nice!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Claire is right, the problem is theirs.

You stick with us girl!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 06:49 PM
My Sister says "Blessed people bless and hurt people hurt" sorry you are feeling got at-not nice.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Claire is right it is their problem, I have a saying if what you have got to say, is not nice, then please don't say it, you ccan put your point across without slinging hurtful comments. Stay with us Gayle. Xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately there are many people that hide behind their keyboards, they say things that they wouldn't dream of saying face to face with the person they are bullying, I'm so sorry that you have been the brunt of such acts.

As the others have said, stick with Dogsey, you will find so many genuine people on here, that are caring about both you and your pets.

Hope you start to feel better about things soon xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »