Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 01:18 PM

bl**dy fireworks

I was up till 3m this morning . well it was really 4am wiv buds and diasy due to sum jerks letting fireworks off all night.They were both terrified espacially buds who has never heard them before, so i had to sit up with them and give them some bachs rescue remedy, it worked after half an hour but buds is still very shaky today.Why dont they ban the bloody things except on bonifre night, i am well sick of it!!grr
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 01:24 PM
It always amazes me where they get the money from to set them off weeks beforehand- they're not exactly cheap are they.

We've also had them by us already but luckily these two dont seem that bothered. My last dog was absolutely petrified of them so I can sympathise with anyone who has a dog thats frightened
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Sal, poor Jas refused to go out to wee last night cos someone was setting fireworks off

I'm dreading bonfire night as Jas get's soooo stressed he needs to be sedated, not even TTouch works on him
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2004, 02:04 PM
mmm..tell me about it last night I had to shut Amy in the little spare room/computer room with me with the radio on really loud cos some idiot allowed banger to land in my garden..and poor Amy with her bad heart It will be worse still next week The sportsware shop in town sells the blessed things all year round..like Lel says don't know how people can afford them
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 02:04 PM
We're so lucky. Haven't heard one yet.................
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm fed up with them, I even have them going off during the day
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2004, 02:11 PM
You can call the police cos they aint supposed to be let of after 11pm!!
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm so thankful that my two dont seem too bothered by all the noise and believe me we have had them going off since early September here so they've probably gotten used to them by now but just wanted to say how sorry for all of you with dogs that are scared, it must be awful for them

Staffy, I've been told that the TTouch body wrap is excellent for this sort of fear, I've also heard that if you put your dog in a childs T shirt this can help as a comforter too for the bigger dogs I would use a womans T shirt
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

31-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Toby isn't affected by them we are lucky but my mums dogs a westie and westie yorkie x hate them they go behind the chairs and shake all night.

They should ban the general public from setting these things off in residential areas.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 06:06 PM
well I take back what i said before about mine not being bothered- we were out in the garden before (in broad daylight) and some idiot set off a HUGE one quite close by-
Poor Libby jumped a mile while Gus the hardman told them off in doggy language
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >